Would you still date this person, if you find out that you aren't their original type (physically)?

By original here means they used to have certain criteria but it happens that he/she falls in love with you because of other interesting traits that you have. Would you give them a shot?
~this question is inspired by a girl who posted a question asking why this guy wanna date her who is curvy, when his preference is skinny.

519

Most Helpful Guys

• Unless they're making an issue out of it, then sure.

Most people have preferences, especially physical ones, but we all find out that personality eventually matters more - which is why most of us end up with someone who isn't our ideal physical type.

• I married one. For some reason my wife like bald older guys (that was actually her type, oddly enough, and her two exes were bald older guys in their 50s and onward), and she friend-zoned me at first and I had to be persistent. I had a full head of hair and was just a year older (in my late 20s at the time). I seemed to manage to change her preference though afterwards. I like to attribute it to my more youthful sexual prowess! :-D (joking -- I don't actually know how I managed to change her preferences).

• The one thing that got me out of the friend-zone was that I jammed the emergency stop button on the elevator when we were alone together, grabbed her, and kissed her (gently at first, make sure she's okay with it). And she kissed back.

And given that this is her favorite story to tell about how we got together, maybe I did something very youthful and bold there of a kind which was unlike the guys she originally preferred.

• @Gopnik >> PM's if you don't mind it at least.
      Sure, no prob!

I found a way to kind of relate our interests. Like she trained in classical ballet... that's sorta like skateboarding! :-D Like you gotta practice and land a trick sorta in ballet... And violin... and that's sorta similar to making beats in FL Studio. :-D Everything was sorta similar... enough for us to kind of relate and get into each other's interests and kind of meld.

• ... and my job -- software engineer... I write code... she writes and edits books. :-D Like it's sorta all similar -- just take my thing and make it fancier and then she's doing something like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Did before and it didn't work out so no never again.

• What happened Azzy?

• They ended up letting my liking them go to their heads and they become disrespectful and ungrateful. I think we shouldn't settle because even if you like someone, if there is any shred a thought in their head that you might have settled, they will treat you poorly. I think this is why that guy Chris Watts killed his wife Shannon, she was too good for him, and no matter how many posts she made about how grateful she was for him, he was never convinced.

• I agree on this. I mean if I ever find out that I wasn't really my boyfriend type, It will stuck in my head and I won't be able to treat him accordingly.