Is it okay to date her?

Recently, I asked one of my friends to homecoming (as a date, not as friends). A lot of my friends that are in the same group helped me plan it, and we all know each other very well.

But now I’m thinking that I want to go further than just homecoming with her—meaning I would like to date her. Except her best friend told me that we can’t date because it would ruin our friend group. Now I’m conflicted on what to do. I really do like this girl but if we have a bad breakup it would severely damage the group and I dont want to do that. What should I do?
  • Date her
  • Do NOT date her

11