Is it just me or are nice people rejected a lot?

Especially the guys. At first I thought, it's normal to get rejected once in awhile but then I kinda started seeing a trend. Nice guys and nice girls are often rejected for mean ass douche bags. Then there'll be a whole story about how hard it is to find a nice person and I'm like What the hell?

I might be wrong. This is just my opinion and my question is, Is it true or not? Are nice people rejected too much? If it's true, then why are there soo many complaints about not finding nice people?

122

Most Helpful Guys

• True...
    I have spent my whole life being kind, considerate and generally really caring to both guys and girls and yet every time I ever told a girl my feelings, they said they were sorry but I'm not their type and a week later they are with an asshole who cheats on them and uses them for sexual means only :/

I don't understand, why ask for a nice guy and when one comes along, they reject them *Facepalm*

• Nice people are often rejected, yes. But this typically revolves around "people pleasers." People pleasers, well, attempt to please people--but they don't do it out of the kindness of their hearts. They try to give people things, expecting to be given things in return.

An example of this is women who sleep with men, then expect the men to be in a relationship with them, because they slept with them.

The male version is a guy who does all kinds of things for a woman, then feels entitled to her vagina, because he was nice to her.

People innately don't like these kinds of people, because they think, "Why is this person being abnormally nice to me? What do they want? What are they trying to get from me?"

Most Helpful Girl

• nope it's just you