How long should you date before getting married?

How long do you think it takes for a couple to consider marriage? Does it make a difference if they get married right away or take several years?How long should you date before getting married?
  • Less than 3 months
    Vote A
  • About 6 months
    Vote B
  • 1-2 years
    Vote C
  • 5 years
    Vote D
  • At least 7 years
    Vote E
  • Time doesn’t matter
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• make sure you live together and know them before you take the plunge in marriage though
    otherwise there may be somethings you never knew about them that would probably result in divorce

and no one ant s divorce it is messy and painful not to mention expensive

0|0
    0|0
  • The critical things to me are that you have EXHAUSTIVELY discussed every likely future situation (jobs, religion, kids, debts, family obligations, etc.) that will be in your future and make sure you are on the same page with each other. You also need to discuss your own morals and values with your partner.

The other thing is just experience spending time with them. A lot of traits will reveal themselves that will be annoying or even desl breakers. Figure that out before you marry - a year minimum in my opinion.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• There isn't a specific time. I personally don't think I'd ever get married, but you shouldn't do it unless you've both seen your partner going through something awful. (i. e. losing a very close loved one, going through major surgery, going through bankrupcy etc.) The reason for this being, In a marriage the two of you are partners and every hardship, and there will be many hardships over time, you face together. It's not wise to enter that commitment before you've had your relationship truly tried and tested by those hardships, because if you can't make it through those hardships when you're dating, if you hit one while married, your marriage will crumble.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• I think that time doesn’t matter, is more about how much data you have about him, and it can also be effected by the age of each of you, as at certain ages people had less time to waste. Also it depends on if you are waiting until marriage, you don't really expect a man to wait for years, if he is not getting any.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I set the rule of dating two ways. Group dates and partner dates. I spend 6 months doing group dates so she feels comfortable with me and learns about me in a group setting and vice versa. Then I spend 6 months dating with her alone. If she feels like its time to get out the ring. She lets me know in those little ways only the body can. And then I know.

0|0
    0|0
  • People can do what they want. Personally I'd say 4-5 years, but dam, those of you who say 6 months, do you run your life like the batcheloret TV show?😎😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Date in 4 seasons.

people behave differently in every season.

No what your going up against. Protect your wallet fellas

0|1
    0|0
  • there are people who dated less than a week and did a flash marriage lols

0|0
    0|0
  • time doesn't matter when you dont believe in marriage

0|0
    0|0
  • Why marry? Is this your target when you enter ''dating'' ?

0|0
    0|0
  • Well you need to know your future pare so best for accommodate for a couple years. Stay together share everything.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm think 6 moths two a year, but voted on the low end.

0|0
    0|0
  • 3 to 5 years to get out of the infactuation stage

0|0
    0|0
  • It does not matter, it is what you two want.

0|0
    0|0
  • marriage is useless

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• It’s 5+ years for me. I want to make sure we’re completely compatible in our wants for the future, and I’d want to live together for at least 2 years before marriage to ensure we can tolerate living together 24/7.

0|0
    0|0
  • Long enough to be completely sure. It can take 10 years or just 2, depending on both partners.
    I do think that it's important to live together for a while before considering marriage though.

0|0
    0|0
  • It takes a few months to a few years for them to start considering in my experience, but I personally think they should wait longer.. maybe 5 years. This coming from someone who is divorced.

0|1
    0|0
  • Doesn't really matter in my opinion but I think that it has sligthly more possibility to last if they're dating for 2 years at least.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can be anytime

0|0
    0|0
  • I do not think there should be rush to marry today. I saw relatives get married in their 20s and then divorce just few years later haha Wait longer. I think there is pressure for girls to marry before late 20s I don't know why. Maybe because lots of friends are getting married too.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes