I want to say "I love you" but I'm worried he won't say it back?

I've been seeing this guy for a little over 6 months now. I've felt the urge to say "I love you" for probably the last 3 months, but I've held back because I'm worried he won't reciprocate. I've always had the feeling that I like him more than he likes me so I'm worried that if I say that it'll just confirm that fear. My game plan this far has been to just wait it out and hope he says it first so I can confidently say it back, but maybe I'll be waiting forever.

When do couples usually say "I love you" for the first time? Am I over thinking it that he should have said this by now? Or am I crazy for waiting? I DONT KNOW HALP PLEASE

10