Are cutesy nicknames and such important when dating?

I'm a bit of a brick head at times and can be serious tone a bit, my girlfriend wanted me to call her something cute but Its hard for me to talk like that... I call her my little jonquil and she calls me her marigold but sometimes I think she wants more.

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I don’t think nicknames are that important, what makes them cute is when they have special meaning between the two of you, so if you’re ever in a situation and she says something cute or that you really like you could use that as a nickname I don't know, or you could give her the nickname of your fave ice cream flavor or something, but they don’t define love or anything

2|0
    0|0
    • I call her my little jonquil because jonquil flowers symbolise bliss and desire... My little bliss

• It's cute to have cute nicknames for each other 😊 it's showing love and care and cuteness 😍😅😍 and it's so lovely

0|1
    0|0
    • I call her my little jonquil because jonquil flowers symbolise bliss and desire so it's my little bliss or little desire witch I thinks clever although I don't think she understands

• If she doesn't understand, why don't just explain it to her 😊 maybe something like little teddy bear would be working also because it's cute and more obvious 😅

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• I don't like them

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly dont think its necessary. Everyone is different, so that depends more on your preferences or how you feel about calling someone with that kind of "cute nicknames" and if you like it being called with such as well. X

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope they aren't, I think they're cute and all but they can be cringy

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s not supposed to be forced so I she’s being weird about it

0|0
    0|0
  • I adore calling him ‘my little monkey’ or ‘ my little squirrel’

0|0
    0|0
  • Not important. I’m not into it too much either.

1|0
    0|0
  • Inevitable

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah. Not for me. I like to be called my real Name

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes if you feel like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No they are annoying and childish