Would you date someone with anxiety?

There’s no right or wrong answer, just curious... if not (totally fair enough) why not? And if yes (great) why?
  • Yes - because...
    Vote A
  • No - because...
    Vote B
  • Other - see comment
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I have dated women with depression and anxiety. As long as we match, I have the stamina to deal with the issues that will arise from her having those issues. However, that is only if there is a true connection, otherwise I am not willing to deal with her issues.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am currently dating someone who has anxiety and has been battling depression. And i don't regret it one bit, we started the relationship because i didn't know how else i could be with her and i really wanted too help her, which i now realize wasn't really tought out but ir worked out, and after some months she is on the verge of recovering. And it is just an awesome feeling knowing that i helped her and that by doing soo i also improved my life as she is just great and i love her so much.

3|1
    0|0
    • That’s awesome! 😊

Most Helpful Girls

• Everyone gets nervous at times, but if the guy had generalized anxiety disorder or something similar, we aren’t going to work out. He will make me feel like I have to walk on eggshells just to keep his mind at ease, and that will quickly lead to me stressing out whenever we are together. Whoever is saying yes here, they need to consider the potential repercussions of their decision and the toll it will take on their well-being to always have to be the stable one in the relationship.

1|1
    0|0
    • Agree!
      People have a hard time to realize how it really is to live with a person like that or with the more severe version GAD. what the effects is on ourselves after a while. or how they really work no matter if on or off pharmaceutical drug's.

• Thank you @crazy8000. I’ve had a clinical rotation at an inpatient psych ward, and I have seen firsthand how families struggle living with their loved ones’ anxiety. Many had unrealistic expectations that it could be cured with modern medicine and then faced caregiver fatigue and medical/mental health issues themselves. Sometimes you have to love yourself enough to know your own limits.

• 7d

That believe in changing the chemical cocktail mix the brain swims in to fix something that can't be fixed that way and create other problems in the same time. People buy all kind of shit the lobbyists for the pharmaceutical companies through out.

• No. Because I have had my fair share of problematic exes.
    I used to have this Saviour Complex about people. When I was younger, I always found the problematic weirdos attractive. Even my friends were like that. I felt that no one will understand them, but I will and something beautiful shall come out of it. That was stupid. I was too involved in trying to fix them that I forgot to live my life. Then I gave up and I wanted to accept things as it is. But that was hard too. Because the other person was never going to change and it was hurting me. I am not against anyone who would want to date someone like that. Just that I can't.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 52

• Nnnnoooooo! I'm so sick of timid, weak people! I attract them like flies, whhhhhy? >_<

Where's all the arrogant women? I want a woman who's ontop of life and doesn't get easily intimidated.

1|0
    0|1
    • That’s fair enough. But don’t make the wrong assumption. They’re not weak. They’re stronger for dealing with that. There’s plenty of them around.

• Show All
    • I wish them the best and all, but I really would rather just be single than date someone mentally ill again. Most of the people I've been involved with have been mentally ill.. I don't want that.

At this point I'd be okay with a meglomaniac who's a tad bit sociopathic in terms of mental illness but not much else.

• And don't worry, I don't mind typos.

• Yes because anxiety doesn't make you a bad match, as long as you can get on with them then it's all good.
    I also have bad anxiety so I'm hoping there's a girl. out there who'll accept me, I'm forever hopeful lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the anxiety. Also if I can help... if I we can work well together and deal with any issues either of us comes up with... if she breaks down over all sorts of things all the time which I can't help with. As an adult i need someone who can handle their own stuff. Anxiety is ok but being shutting down by lifestyle problems isn't something or someone I could commit to long term.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the anxiety but generally yes, girls tend to be fragility anyway. :)

tvtropes.org/.../WomenAreDelicate

1|0
    0|0
  • I would. Don't most people have some level of anxiety. It would all depend on how bad it is and how it affects me.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well this is what I’ve just started to wonder too. I’m not considered anxious but I definitely have days when I’ll feel it in my stressful job.

• Yes I think that is common. Most people have some stress in their lives.

• I don't know after working with someone me in my opinion would not. True anxiety is stressful some people pass out because of it wherever they are. its a stress I wouldn't want to deal with. Anxiety affects people on a physiological level, nausea sickness vomiting depression sometimes. it can be overwhelming for someone that's just looking for happiness

1|0
    0|0
  • Seems to be a comment thing these days so yes I would but not someone that was controlled by it

1|0
    0|0
    • What does ‘controlled by it’ mean to you?

• Is not trying or making a attempt t9 combat it and not affect her daily life

• Fair enough

• You mean a human? Are you saying there is a non human option? How do I find this AI woman?

1|0
    0|0
  • yes, have it myself and also dated women with Anxiety issues before
    as doesn't mean they are any less worth a loving and caring relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • My fiance has anxiety really bad, I love her to death and it honestly feels good when I can help her through it, she appreciates it as well... we all have issues and we all need someone

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. They attract me for some reason. I wanna help them relieve their anxiety because its satisfying. They're easy to be around with once they're comfortable with me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've dealt with social anxiety in my own life, and if I honestly like the person then it isn't a big deal, because I understand what they are going through.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind at all. I am very protective, so it actually usually works out well.

1|0
    0|0
  • Back in the day the first girl I fell in love with had anxiety, and I was fully aware of that. It's not a problem

1|0
    0|0
  • i used to have anxiety, the challenge is to help overcome it which is something you can strive for.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, provided they at least listened to my rationale.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just because someone has anxiety doesn't mean they're any less human. Of course I'd date a person with anxiety if I liked them.

2|0
    0|0
  • I feel bad for people with anxiety depression etc... and also its not proper reason to not date them ( for me)

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I would because Its all about personality to me and that's whether they have anxiety or anything else

1|0
    0|0
  • Because I have anxiety myself and I know how it works. I would be a person of support to them and they to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 13

• Absolutely, I love calming and easing anxious people. I know that panicky feeling and I LOVE watching it fade from their face. My ex was anxious and I loved to rub his head, back,... and calm him down. It literally melted my heart to bring him peace. It’s bond building.

1|2
    0|0
  • voted other--it depends on how they handle/try to handle their anxiety. If they just project their issues onto me and refuse to try and take responsibility for their issues then we won't work. If they're aware of their issues and working to better themselves (even if it doesn't go well all the time) then we'd probably be fine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most people has anxiety and it can be for different reasons. Anxiety is not just one topic it goes beyond many many vast situations. Relationship anxiety, people anxiety it’s normal

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure as long as that person goes to the doctor and take the medications to keep anxiety under control

1|0
    0|0
  • I have anxiety and other issues. So I can completely understand, and even help with panic attacks.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't date someone with serious anxiety. I can't deal with that and I'd get annoyed/turned off.

1|1
    0|0
  • Being someone who has anxiety I don't see why I wouldn't.

1|0
    0|0
  • I married a guy with anxiety. It's not severe anxiety, but he can be a worrier.

1|0
    0|0
  • Couldn’t do it I don’t like seeing ribs on a woman.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I would do everything to soothe his anxiety,

1|1
    0|0
  • Everybody has it these days

1|0
    0|0
  • Because maybe they will want help.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, because you can work on it and get help