Would you date someone with anxiety?

There’s no right or wrong answer, just curious... if not (totally fair enough) why not? And if yes (great) why?
  • Yes - because...
  • No - because...
  • Other - see comment
    Vote C

1554

Most Helpful Guys

• I have dated women with depression and anxiety. As long as we match, I have the stamina to deal with the issues that will arise from her having those issues. However, that is only if there is a true connection, otherwise I am not willing to deal with her issues.

• I am currently dating someone who has anxiety and has been battling depression. And i don't regret it one bit, we started the relationship because i didn't know how else i could be with her and i really wanted too help her, which i now realize wasn't really tought out but ir worked out, and after some months she is on the verge of recovering. And it is just an awesome feeling knowing that i helped her and that by doing soo i also improved my life as she is just great and i love her so much.

• That’s awesome! 😊

Most Helpful Girls

• Everyone gets nervous at times, but if the guy had generalized anxiety disorder or something similar, we aren’t going to work out. He will make me feel like I have to walk on eggshells just to keep his mind at ease, and that will quickly lead to me stressing out whenever we are together. Whoever is saying yes here, they need to consider the potential repercussions of their decision and the toll it will take on their well-being to always have to be the stable one in the relationship.

• Agree!
      People have a hard time to realize how it really is to live with a person like that or with the more severe version GAD. what the effects is on ourselves after a while. or how they really work no matter if on or off pharmaceutical drug's.

• Thank you @crazy8000. I’ve had a clinical rotation at an inpatient psych ward, and I have seen firsthand how families struggle living with their loved ones’ anxiety. Many had unrealistic expectations that it could be cured with modern medicine and then faced caregiver fatigue and medical/mental health issues themselves. Sometimes you have to love yourself enough to know your own limits.

• That believe in changing the chemical cocktail mix the brain swims in to fix something that can't be fixed that way and create other problems in the same time. People buy all kind of shit the lobbyists for the pharmaceutical companies through out.

• No. Because I have had my fair share of problematic exes.
    I used to have this Saviour Complex about people. When I was younger, I always found the problematic weirdos attractive. Even my friends were like that. I felt that no one will understand them, but I will and something beautiful shall come out of it. That was stupid. I was too involved in trying to fix them that I forgot to live my life. Then I gave up and I wanted to accept things as it is. But that was hard too. Because the other person was never going to change and it was hurting me. I am not against anyone who would want to date someone like that. Just that I can't.