My friends with benefits is going to be my sperm donor. Why would someone become a sperm donor?

I was dating a guy for a two weeks and apparently one drunken night I told him I wanted him to be my sperm donor. At that time, we hadn’t even had sex. I forgot about this conversation and he reminded me of it two days later. I was embarrassed and he said not to be and that he would help me. He and I exchanged STD screenings etc. Anyway, we had sex that following week and we are now friends with benefits and have sex every other day for the sole purpose of me having a baby! He doesn’t want to be a father but he does want to play an uncle role in the child’s life. He’s told me his family medical history, what he was like as a child etc. I've asked him if he’s sure he wants to do this several times and he’s ok with it. In fact, he’ll text me and remind that we have to have sex and he makes time even though he’s busy. So my question is, what would drive someone to become a sperm donor? I guess I’m surprised by how willing he is to be a sperm donor!

03