Guys if you saw your 2 year old son once a week would you want to see him more?

Your ex brings him to your place once a week because you live with your mom and it’s mostly because she’s the one who watches him for your ex when she needs a break or is sick etc... would once a week be enough for you as the father? I travel an hour once a week so he can see his dad and grandparents I just wonder why he doesn’t ask for him more

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Not enough in my opinion. I see my son twice a week thanks to a court order (ex didn't want me to ever see him) and I still dont think that's enough.

1|0
    0|0
    • I’m so sorry for that some women are horrible and feel they have “power” because they carried the child. It’s no ones right to keep any kid away from either parent unless it’s unhealthy. The funny part though is when they grow up they’re gonna ask questions and she’s gonna look REALLY stupid and the kids might even resent her for this. Just saying. So you kinda win in a sense. Good luck thanks for your response!!!

• Show All
    • yeah but we'd been together for 3 years which at the time we were making plans to move closer and even get married... which is something I never thought I'd ever wanna do again...

yeah I been fighting non stop since 2014 when she took him without warning and made up a load of crap, crap which was unproven and later found that she had lied, then once I'd moved far enough away she spammed my old fb account and my old phone saying how much she missed me and that she was sorry and that she said one thing but it all spiralled out of control etc... even said at one point she'd belted my son around the head cos of him being uncontrollable...
      that I was the only one who could get through to him
      worse part though is even when she admitted it to me she continued to try turn others against me...

• exactly, my first relationship where I had my first 2 sons we made a deal no matter what happens or out opinions of each other the kids MUST come first... when she found out what my ex wife had accused me of even she called BS wasn't until she heard it herself then even my older kids said "When? we were with you most the time"
      even her sister inlaw and brother picked out she was telling lies as the day she went there she had claimed i had beaten my son badly...
      they checked him over, not even a single scratch or bruise... and he kept asking "where's my daddy, when's daddy coming? I want daddy!"

not really the sign of an abused kid huh

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• due to my marriage break up almost 5 years ago, was together for 6 years, 5 being married for. we had 1 son together I had 2 from a previous relationship which lasted 14 years...
    anyway my youngest son from that marriage I was his sole carer for 3 whole years, barely got any sleep due to health and commitments in looking after him etc...
    until she made some crap up and almost had me killed, no proof but she was a great liar and could turn on the water works so easily...
    I ended up moving 200 miles away from her as it was clear I would most likely never see my son again, due to her lies and being near her would have resulted in a lot more crap, harassment and more issues she would find to put on me, so i got away to sort my life out and regroup to fight to see him
    my other 2 i see whenever i see my youngest, which unfortunately is every 4 weeks, I wish i was able to see them all more and my youngest is 7 now or rather will be this November, but he has expressed desires to want to live with me.
    which considering that my ex claimed i was abusive towards him that is not what a child would say if someone did what she claimed (again without proof or signs) i supposedly did...
    but being apart from either of my kids has been a serious struggle for me for almost 5 years

so yes I personally would love to see more of my sons less of the ex (nothing of her would be preferable)

1|0
    0|0
    • I am so sorry. What a horrible person. It just baffles me how some women could be so busy trying to hurt their ex and not look into the best interest of the child. Which is basically to have to same relationship with them as they as mothers do themselves. I am so sorry but one day they kid will resent her for it and you’ll be able to have a real relationship as the child gets old enough to see what’s going on. Bless you!!!

• Well in my case, i'll be the one granting her to see him once a week and for sure the more she see him, the more happy i become...

By the way, as parents they shall think about fixing stuff and be together again, IF THEY CAN, for the sake of the kid and because that's what marriage is all about, being together forever...

1|0
    0|0
  • Once a week for a hour is definitely not enough to spend time with your child. You can barely have any time with them no matter how old they are. I know this sounds messed up but it’s not even worth the gas.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would not let my Child out of my sight. I believe not enough dad's consider that how special the child is untill its to late.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of a course every chance i could i love my boys

1|0
    0|0
  • I would yes

1|0
    0|0
  • yes l would but l have no kids so sad

1|0
    0|0
  • I think if I kept him overnight and had a full day and a half with him a week that would be fine.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• That would never be enough for me. I would want to find a way to be in my child's life more.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes