Do you ask someone you are dating or plan to date about previous relationships or experience? When do you ask?

He’s never asked in 9 months and I’m just wondering if anyone doesn’t too.
Updates:
I guess I’m just used to people asking. Kind of weird he hasn’t

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• I think it's important to know who and what shaped you and your views on sex and relationships. I do want to know that about my partner and want them to know it about me. If it doesn't come up in the first few weeks or so, I'll ask them about it.
    (First few weeks is only if they had relationships before and if so, how long, just small things, rather than demons they got from those relationships.)

1|0
    0|0
    • See that’s what I think. He’s so quiet about stuff and it’s not super important where I’ve flat out asked. I’m just curious since it’s about him

• Yes, I ask. I think someone's past (not just sex life but all kinds of things about their past) is important because those things shaped who they are and knowing them helps you know them better so you can have a better relationship. For example, if they had a relationship where someone hurt them badly it's good to know about that and what happened so you know they will be particularly sensitive to that.

As far as when, I would do it once the relationship started getting serious.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't ask. If he wanted to tell it's his choice but his past is his past

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• No. Never. I respect privacy and reqiure the same consideration.

1|1
    0|0
  • The past is in the past, live in the now. If someone drom your past shows up, then worry.

1|0
    0|0
  • It usually comes up sooner or later with me and someone else, I guess I'm just curious, and they usually don't mind sharing either like me

1|0
    0|0
  • The past is the past but if it were to come up in conversation then I would answer questions

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I always do. For me it is a way to get to know the person.

1|0
    0|0
  • If i have girlfriend i would ask only once and then no past , only present

1|0
    0|0
  • I never did.

1|0
    0|0
  • Usually I don't ask.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes