Do you ask someone you are dating or plan to date about previous relationships or experience? When do you ask?

He’s never asked in 9 months and I’m just wondering if anyone doesn’t too.
I guess I’m just used to people asking. Kind of weird he hasn’t

110

Most Helpful Guys

• I think it's important to know who and what shaped you and your views on sex and relationships. I do want to know that about my partner and want them to know it about me. If it doesn't come up in the first few weeks or so, I'll ask them about it.
    (First few weeks is only if they had relationships before and if so, how long, just small things, rather than demons they got from those relationships.)

• See that’s what I think. He’s so quiet about stuff and it’s not super important where I’ve flat out asked. I’m just curious since it’s about him

• Yes, I ask. I think someone's past (not just sex life but all kinds of things about their past) is important because those things shaped who they are and knowing them helps you know them better so you can have a better relationship. For example, if they had a relationship where someone hurt them badly it's good to know about that and what happened so you know they will be particularly sensitive to that.

As far as when, I would do it once the relationship started getting serious.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't ask. If he wanted to tell it's his choice but his past is his past