How do you protect your self-worth when rejected?

So this girl I really liked randomly cut all contact off. I was a bit upset about the fact that she couldn't simply tell me that she wasn't interested and just decided to ghost on me (at very bad moment because at the time I just got out of hospital when I never heard back from her).

The person she rejected me for is the 'cool guy' type (DJ, knows plenty of people) while I'm just an 'okay guy' (good social life etc. just not the 'cool guy' appeal). This is obviously very superficial, and I bet that he was simply a better match for her, but I can't help but find myself in a situation where I feel like I lack something (in this case the 'cool' factor). As much as I feel like I've moved on from the idea of being with her, I feel shit about 'not being cool enough'.

I wonder, how do you protect your sense of self-worth in a situation like this?

01