Sometimes he doesn’t pay attention to when I speak. What should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't worry about it, it's not really a big deal. I personally am guilty of this sometimes, but I also have ADHD so my mind tends to wander. I still care about what my girlfriend has to say, I just have trouble focusing sometimes.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Use a loud speaker. If he still doesn't pay attention, ditch the guy.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• That's respectless in my opinion, when I sometimes cut my friend's or someone while talking even I keep it in my mind and apologize to them, let them continue. No matter what you talk about, he can't act like that. You should directly let him know you are bothered. Probably he is going to claim, he is not ignoring and you are being paranoid or something, fight for your right.

1|0
    0|0
  • It means you talk too much and go into unnecessary detail. Talk less and get to the point. He doesn't care that some random woman at work side-eyed you for example

1|0
    0|0
  • Is he playing video games or watching TV, or otherwise engaged?

If so, speak up, or wait for a break in what he is doing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hi @Penelope_... Just ask him to listen. If he keeps doing that then use the 'eight trigrams sixty-four palms' on him.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Like he ignores you or what?

0|1
    0|0
    • No I’ll be talking and he’s like “ uh what was that?”

• Show All
    • Yeah... that won't work.

• This has happened to me... I was in his boat. I have minor hearing loss, so sometimes when someone is speaking at a low or normal tone, I don't quite catch everything. Also, sometimes it's just because I want to make sure I understand what the other person is telling me (give me a second to process what they said while they generally give me a cliff notes version of what they said).

Recommended myTakes