Would you mind if a girl asked you out?

He is kinda a nerd. Loves video games.
Is a full scholarship honor student

He showed interest in me about a week ago but my freinds pushed him away.
So I messaged him on Instagram
We talked but he didn't ask me out

Do you think he would say yes if I asked him to coffee?
Updates:
I just sent him

"Hey before school starts do you wanna grab coffee sometime?"

My heart is fucking pounding out of my chest
He just responded "maybe after school starts cuz right now I live in CITYNAME so its quite far"

Where he lives us about 1 hour from me. But his school is only 20 minutes.

So I responded with "okay let me know"

I don't know if I was turned down or not

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• He'd probably like that. Guys get nervous too, especially given that your friends already 'pushed him away'.

Can't say for sure but it's worth a shot. Not many guys will have a problem if the girl makes the move and they're already interested.

0|0
    0|0
    • How should I word it?

• Show All
    • I'm excited for u

• How did it go?

• I don't know. Only you would know if he would say yes. After all, we don't know how he reacts around you, if he likes you etc. But give it a shot though, I think he will!

0|0
    0|0
    • How should I word it?

Most Helpful Girl

• You really shouldn’t listen to the male opinions here. Men have no actual interest in dating women. They are expected to date women, however, and so would rather the women do the work. I hope with the guy’s response of “maybe” you’ve realized the way men act to being asked out is really unenthusiastic in practice.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• You clearly asked him out. If he doesn't reply you back, ignore him. If he is that insecure, he has to pay the price. You already did something big.

0|0
    0|0
    • Me did respond but not exactly how I wanted him to

• I don't know, when stuff like that happens I cancel even what I have to attend to that date. I hope he does too

• Yeah it would be nice

• If a girl asks you out its a guaranteed lay. The question is are you attracted to the girl who asked you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most guys wouldn't mind. I think you should ask him out

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't think you were turned down. I'd say ask one more time when school starts and leave it like that. When school starts just say, "Hey are you still up for that coffee?". An hour is a bit far for some people to drive for a coffee. I'd take what he said in a positive light for now.

• Yeah I ran into him again on Friday and it wasn't my plan to talk to him but he walked up to me and put his hand out and I laced my fingers with his and we said hi with a nervous laugh. But again my freinds that were with me gave him a look so he left. 😭 but he kept looking at me Throughout the night. So ill see how things go

• So how did you meet him? It sounds like you didn't. An hour is a long drive for an unknown.

0|0
    0|0
    • I met him at a mutual freinds birthday party last week.

• So wait til school starts. He sounds very practical.

• Yes, he would say yes.

0|0
    0|0
    • How should I word it
      ... I've never asked a guy out before.

• I bet you'll do fine. And good for you for gathering the courage. Confidence is sexy in women too.

• @Devourtheuniverse hahaha as I'm whimpering with my heart racing on the other side of the phone screen

• Yes do it

0|0
    0|0
    • How should I word it?

• Dont over complicate it, just ask if hed like coffee sometime

• I’d love it! ❤️

0|0
    0|0
    • What's the best way to ask?

• I would be quite happy if one were to.

0|0
    0|0
  • yea i think he would

0|0
    0|0
  • From the limited info, yes.

Or if you want to take the pressure off, you could probably invite him to a group thing at first, and gauge how he feels. Just make sure you hang with him the whole time, so it doesn't just seem like you only see him as one of your friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I wouldn’t mind if I liked her

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I he would be overjoyed !

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that’s cute

0|0
    0|0