What should I do for a date?

So I'm in hs and I've never been successful when it comes to the whole girls thing, I've asked two girls out before and they've both said no, every girl I've talked to I end up not liking. But now I've found a girl I really like, and I think she likes me. I was competing with this other guy for her but he just told me this morning that he was gonna back off because I would be better with her.

My friends told me that I need to ask her out asap, but I have no idea when/what to do cause I can't really mess this one up too (I'm friends with her brother). The only day I have open is next Saturday, although I am going to her 'pool party' birthday this Saturday. Help, I really need it

01