How do I get back into the dating scene?

I have never been the dating kind of girl, I'm usually the type of girl to get into a relationship... I have a few dates coming up only as friends and seeing where it goes but I don't know what to do on the first date, I'm shy and really out going but I need help with the first date stuff. Please help ya girl out :) Do I do movie, going out for coffee or what, please help me what to do on the first date and what to talk about :)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Movie date sucks in my opinion for first date, because how are you supposed to bond while staring at a screen for a couple of hours? And even if that gives you something to talk about, is it good to be talking about the movie you watched instead of sharing more interesting and intimate things about each other?

So for first dates I always sought to "break the ice", have fun... in my case even physically, make it exhilarating, fun -- we connect that way, become close.

0|0
    0|0
    • But you know, you just do it. "Who gives a shit?" I put that in quotes because I think that's a nice attitude. Like I sometimes got bored talking to girls on dates over a dinner table. And I'd just it, "This is boring! Let's bounce!" And if she took it well, we'd go on a walk and have much more fun, break the ice, not keep going through awkward silences as we did across the dinner table. It's good to be comfortable on a date above all else, and spend time actually bonding instead of gluing your eyes to some screen or performance.

• And I'd just [say], "This is boring! Let's bounce!"

Most Helpful Girl

• i used to feel that way... until i discovered a sex site and believe me there's nothing more exciting then going out to meet a guy to give a blowjob to much better than the coffee or movie... i should say more exciting... you'll find a lot of men open to the idea as well.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Depends on what time place and what the both of you expect if it was me I'm very direct but everyone is different just be yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • I want to know how to even get started :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Make yourself available out in crowds

0|0
    0|0
  • What state do you live In?

0|0
    0|0
  • Slowly

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• As a general rule, don't go the dating route, its not going to be good for your kid

0|0
    0|0
    • I'd encourage you to not change your type, since you said that you are the relationship type of girl.
      And specially don't change it now that you have a little one to take care of and nurture.

• How will it not be good for my child? I'm going out for a coffee or something with them, my child won't met anyone until I'm in a relationship or they have kids and our kids have a play date

• Going on dates like you mentioned for coffee and stuff is harmless
      I wasn't referring to that
      But with dating people only show their best side and the dark side is revealed when its too late, and fluctuating father figure might not be the best for your kid

Recommended myTakes