Do you agree with this pic? and is this the reason I stayed single? or it is just something people say to feel better?

I always wondered , if it is true , I don't really care anymore , but this is just for fun too..
If you are single, good looking , and have a great personality , and rich , there is no reason to be single, I know , but in the end of the day life isn't fair... that is my opinion.

But let me pass this idea, do girls\guys actually think that this person is too good for me to talk to or try to date?

I notice, many girl would crush on me, give me signs , but they would step back , it is like they are shocked or something, what do you think?
I am Overqualified
I am Overqualified

1|4

Most Helpful Girls

• I never question why someone's single. Even if they're rich or good-looking with a great personality. There's many possible reasons why a person is single.

Maybe they assume you're out of their league. Many people feel a little insecure and assume wealthy good-looking people wouldn't be interested in them. So they tend to distance themselves

0|1
    0|0
  • I must be honest, that if I met a guy who's past certain age, well-educated, has good career, but is single, I might think that maybe he has high expectations of women, and/or thinks that he's superior, until I've spoken to him and get to know him.

I have a Bachelor's degree, have a credential through licensing, have a respectable job, but I was single before, because I didn't want to be with just anybody; I wanted to be with the right person.

1|1
    0|0
    • well said
      I guess it is meant to be like that, there is nothing wrong

Most Helpful Guys

• It's totally true. You spend your whole life making the right decisions and working hard and constantly learning new things and then you finally look in the mirror and are like wow, I have so much going for me, I should settle down, and then you meet people and realize 99% of people are complete walking disasters. It's pretty sad. I would date/give a shot to any girl who is about as good looking as me, +-2, doesn't do drugs, likes kids and is young enough to have them, and isn't a slut. I barely find anyone to date and I don't think my minimum requirements are that strict.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol my girlfreind asked me that. I just responded with I was waiting to meet you. ;)
    But it is just meeting someone who you connect fully with. Sometimes that just takes time and way to many bad dates.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• No, I don't think there's such thing as being 'overqualified' to get into a relationship.
    People who think someone's 'too good' for them aren't doing themselves a favour.

0|4
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say it's true, if I am attracted to someone I would still approach them just to give it a shot. The worst they could say is no, but I wouldn't wonder about the what-if's. :)

0|2
    0|0
    • That's awesome
      Wish all girls were like that

• It took me a while to get this way, building my confidence had a lot to do with it. :)

• I see that's good, but I guess most girls would back off of they find the guy overwhelming

• its no true its not about being over qualified its about how you come across you tell yourself i'm a nice guy but a female sees arrogant or an aloof man no woman wants to get to get close to that kind of person

0|1
    0|0
  • That's actually funny. I don't know if it's true but it's certainly funny.

0|2
    0|0
  • Nah people just say that to make themselves feel better you might have to high expectations like me.

2|1
    0|0
  • Don't think there is a overqualified, there's also no think as to cute or to handsome.

0|1
    0|0
  • That's a good responses XD

But in a ways it's actually true, if you're too "good" some people may think you're too good for them (if they have self confidence problem) and would chose someone "less good".
    Too if they have self confidence issue they can see this person as being more prone to cheat like "if he's better looking / more intelligent, etc... Why would he stay with someone like me?"

And I think this happen quite a lot especially with guys like I see a tons of good looking fit guys dating average or below average girls when they want a serious relationship because they want to lower the chance she cheat on them or guys flirting with them, etc...

0|1
    0|0
    • Interesting, but what about girls, do they avoid the good looking "over qualified" guy?

• Show All
    • I'm ok, I learned to not listen to her when she's being rude ^-^

• Yes, you shouldn't 😊

• Lol of course not

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh dear lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol yea sometimes

0|1
    0|0

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 21

• Something people just say to feel better, other more useful ones are:

"I'm not after a relationship at the moment"
    "I don't want the stress"
    "I'm not looking hard enough"
    "Haven't found the right one yet"

You get it :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Bua ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

I'm sure there are people who think that someone is too good for them. A lot of times it's attributed to low self-esteem. Some people have over-inflated self-esteem. I think we need to stop redistributing the wealth, and redistribute the self-esteem.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some people on the crushing side might overthink and talk themselves out of it. On the person who is crushed there are some who seem to set too high or impossible standards for themselves but I feel there are the vast majority who just muddle along and by a twist of fate they are single or attached.

0|1
    0|0
  • It sometimes is a choice. Sometimes it is a lack of promising opportunities, and some other times it's just being at the wrong place at the wrong time. I like the picture: self confidence and self acceptance make the better (stronger?) personalities.

0|1
    0|0
  • you can't fit to everyone, however if they say something like that its most likely a hint and you should work arround that :)

But no worries dude, I feel you. I also get no meaningful dates...

0|1
    0|0
    • Give me a meaning less date hehe
      I guess I work around it.

• Show All
    • move to germany then, we can pick up girls together πŸ˜„

• I wish XD

• People often confuse being overqualified or having high standard with just having a damn big ego

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I believe in this case, because you don't have that rapport between two if you are overqualified you know... Girls don't trust them I think... Coz such people look very serious Then girls have nothing to do with them

0|1
    0|0
  • I've gotten asked why im single. Dont answer it. None of their god damn business. Trying to exert power over ypu with questions

0|1
    0|0
    • Lol I don't mind taking about it

• Show All
    • There are a lot of way's you can approach this tactfully, but its best to pick the way that aligns with your personality so you don't appear as if you got dating advice off the internet.

Over exaggerate. "Yea I've got at least 18 girlfriends" shows sense of humor and confidence
      Be direct. " Sounds like a question from someone who's interested". High confidence, very sexy
      Redirect. "I was just about to ask you the same question!"
      Deflect. "So how's your day going?"
      Ignore. So I was just about go to the coffee shop to get coffee, want to come.

And lastly, fall for the trap. Answer it. Yes I'm single, wah wah

• or, I am single for the next 20 minutes , unless you change that ;)

• Overqualified?
    I guess I never thought about it that way.
    I’m not single. I’m overqualified. I feel much better now. πŸ˜‰

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know man just work on yourself go to the gym, learn stuff make yourself interesting and I'm sure a girl will like you

0|1
    0|0
  • Yea it's kinda true but speaking from personal experience. You realize as a guy you can't and shouldn't just be dating any and everybody anyway

0|1
    0|0
  • funny memes are funny memes and not a serious life mantra

1|1
    0|0
  • Overqualified lol
    It means they didn't find the "one"

0|1
    0|0
  • Most of the time the β€˜over qualified’ arnt u one of the rare ones

0|1
    0|0
  • You haven't found the right one yet. It has a lot to do with luck too.

0|1
    0|1
  • hold your availability.. You are so available that she/he needs u but don't want u

0|1
    0|0
  • i 'd rather die than to get married or have children 😐😐

0|1
    0|0
  • Infinitesimally yeah.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes that is reason why some of us remain Single.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol πŸ˜‚

0|1
    0|0
  • no because i know im all of these things but apparently im not qualified enough because she went and cheated on me :(

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes