Should I try to get over a crush I have had for almost 6 years?

There is a girl I have known since 6th grade. I am currently a junior in high school. I have liked her for years, I even have her phone number but have no clue what I should do. I have tried getting over her, but I just can't seem to. I'd ask her out but she always seems to have a boyfriend. She is on her 3rd guy in the almost 6 years I've known her. Also, I can't necessarily avoid her due to use having the same classes and extracurriculars. What should I do?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah, definitely move on and talk to other girls in order to forget her.

0|0
    0|0
    • I just can't seem to get over her. I talk to girls all the time but a day or week later my mind travels right back to her (girl in description).

• Show All
    • No, I once went on a date, but it was a one time thing.

• Get a girlfriend and you'll forget About her

• You've already wasted 6 years on her. If you're that obsessed with her, go ahead and talk. at least you'll come to peace whatever her answer maybe. If she says as yes, all well and good, if she says a no, then move on.

0|0
    0|0
    • She has a boyfriend rn, and we are already pretty good friends.

• Show All
    • How would I go about that? I can't, more less won't ask her directly, so what should I ask for indirect approach?

• Well a way I can think of is that you ask her about how she feels about you, not telling about how you feel about her.

• She has a boyfriend now so forget about her and find a girl you care about and try to have a relationship. Now if she's ever single (and you haven't found a girlfriend yet), then ask her out. If she shoots you down, then permanently move on.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's why I haven't asked. She's a pretty good friend of mine and I just can't work the courage to ever ask her, even if she was single.

• You're afraid to ask because if she says no, then you've lost her. On the other hand, you don't have her now, so you literally have nothing to lose. On the other hand, if you want to keep the friendship, then resign yourself to the fact that you two will never be together and move on.

Recommended myTakes