Why do people want to be in a relationship so badly?

Some people say it ot better when you are single and to enjoy that life. Others wish to be in a relationship. Why is that?

54114

Most Helpful Guys

• Simple
    Cuz they are afraid to be alone...
    It is just you have a hole, you need to fill... you take any tom dick and harry to fill it.

For guys it is different.. just to have sex and prove to the society they are a man... which is stupid.

Most of you do not know what is love and obsessed to find it while you do not know how to recognise lust vs love.

• It is simple.
      If you go in banana plantation, you will have banana not apples.
      If you want apples but you do not know how an apple look likes, what will you look for

• Society puts pressure on people. It wants to make people think that it's wrong or weird to be single. And that's what some people do. They even remain in abusive relationships just for the sake of fitting in. Society is the ultimate killer of freedom.

Most Helpful Girls

• I think people believe love comes exclusively in "a relationship" status quo. Singleness, has a stigma and some people feel like a failure if they are single, even when they might express they enjoy to be alone.
    Yet from what I've learned and reflect, being in a relationship doesn't equals to "feeling loved" or "giving love" to someone.
    Love itself is a state of mind and philosophy that is not necessarily portrait in a relationship.
    However, I have to agree that it would be nice to deeply connect and love someone in a healthy way.

• The feeling of being single temporarily scares them because they fear that they may be single forever. Most of the people who aren’t content with themselves they crave another’s attention to fill in the void of loneliness and emptiness.

I long to find someone I am compatible with before I think of a relationship because I know if I find someone who I am compatible with eventually we can get to know one another through dating and if a relationship is wanted than I’ll be pursued then asked.

That’s why there are so many questions on GirlsAsksGuys that says “My ex “ and so many other stories that are extremely toxic because instead of leaving some rather stay. Many are eager to either be in a relationship because of loneliness or stay in a relationship which winds up blowing up in their face in the long run.

• If you are content with being single meaning you will know your worth and not settle for less than what you deserve whether it’s sacrificing yourself because the needy feeling of a relationship or staying in one because you’re afraid better won’t come by.