If your boyfriend talks about his ex a lot?

And he claims to be completely over them etc but every now and then he will say something like “Amanda used to say that” and things of that matter that to you seem more excessive than they should be but you KNOW he loves you? Does that mean he isn’t over them? How would y’all handle this?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with @Angelina25 who said he isn't over his ex. It took me 3 years to get over my ex and even now I still think of things from time to time. During those 3 years I dated plenty and even fell in love a few times but if the ex had ever called, those girls would have been out so fast they wouldn't know what happened. I also told the girls I was over my ex by the way, it is something men say and not always true. It's tough getting over someone and tougher still if you had a deep connection. Your guy may not need 3 years but he obviously is not over his ex and it will have implications for your relationship.

You will need to decide what you're willing to accept and be open with him about your needs.

Most Helpful Girl

• He might love you but somewhere or other he still isn't over her.
    I'd tell him that it is bothering me and despite that if he doesn't change, I'll just tell him, "Take your time. Get over her and then call me back. Let's take a break."