Boyfriend wants to marry me but doesn't seem excited. Why?

He wants to marry me cause he loves me and asked if I wanted to get married. Weve only been together for a year but I told him I wanted to wait a year before getting engaged. I dont understand why, but he wants to get married sooner.

Although when I show him wedding dresses, his face doesn't light up nor does he seem interested. The first time I showed him something online he fell back asleep. Second time he just says "yeah" and third time I sent it over text and he just likes my text.

🙁 I dont understand. He wants to marry me but doesn't seem excited.

63

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a big risk for a guy. For the woman? Not so much.

And being married isn't about the ceremony, but that's what women are keyed on.

You're learning the difference between men and women - this is one of them.

Don't be in a hurry. And the amount of money you spend on the wedding day is in direct proportion to the likelihood the marriage will fail - the more the more likely.

• She’s not in hurry , she wants to wait. He is the one who wanted to marry after just a year and asked her.

• The money you spend on a wedding the greater chance it will fail. This is because women lose sight of what's really important - for many, the ceremony is WAY more important that her husband to be. He becomes ancillary. And adjunct to it all.

And he should be excited. I'd like to know more about why you think he's not. If he doesn't show excitement about shopping for dresses, don't be surprised. It's ONE day. It's a WAY more bigger deal for the woman. Trust me on this.

A guy isn't interested in marrying a woman unless HE IS. I would not read a lot more into it that. Women do this with EVERYTHING. Everything has a hidden meaning.

• *... The more money you spend...

Most Helpful Girl

• Then do not marry him yet. Why marry him if you are happy still engaged? Just tell him you want to wait another year or so til you know for sure.

• Im not marrying him yet. We are waiting another year but im casually looking at dresses and he doesn't seem excited at all.