Guys, would you be turned off if you found out a girl was taller than you?

I’m about 5’9 - 5’10 in height but I look normal height when I’m sitting. There’s this cute guy who sits a couple seats away from me in one of my classes who’s maybe about 5’7 - 5’8. I've had reason to believe he might be into me but today we both went up to turn in our papers at the same time and I got the same rush of insecurity I’d felt my whole pubescent life. I began to wonder if maybe he noticed how tall I was and was a bit put off by it.
Now I’m just wondering for the guys, if you were in his situation, where you thought a girl was cute but didn’t notice that she was a little taller than you until later, would it turn you off from her?
  • Yeah, I don’t like girls taller than me
  • No, I’d still think she was cute
  • Other (explain)
    Vote C
  • I’m a girl
    Vote D

215

Most Helpful Guys

• Jessicake. Rare is the guy that gives a damn about a woman's height. That's purely a woman's insecurity. One that i've never really understood. And since i'm 6'6" i get a lot of women 5'8" and up initiating contact with me simply because i'm tall. It always annoys me to. Because somebody's height has absolutely 0 bearing on whether or not their a quality human being. And when a woman talks to me simply because i'm tall she's only telling me how shallow and illogical she is. Why would i ever want to be with someone like that.

• I don't mind a girl that's a little taller than me.

However I know girls hate that guys are shorter.

I once had a date with a girl that was about my same height in normal shoes. However she was wearing these boots when we went out and she was a little taller than me.

Needless to say she posted something on FB it was some sort of pic with a quote basically stating she only wants to date tall guys. And this is after our date.

She took longer and longer to reply to messages so I basically just said screw it.