Guys, would you be turned off if you found out a girl was taller than you?

I’m about 5’9 - 5’10 in height but I look normal height when I’m sitting. There’s this cute guy who sits a couple seats away from me in one of my classes who’s maybe about 5’7 - 5’8. I've had reason to believe he might be into me but today we both went up to turn in our papers at the same time and I got the same rush of insecurity I’d felt my whole pubescent life. I began to wonder if maybe he noticed how tall I was and was a bit put off by it.
Now I’m just wondering for the guys, if you were in his situation, where you thought a girl was cute but didn’t notice that she was a little taller than you until later, would it turn you off from her?
  • Yeah, I don’t like girls taller than me
    Vote A
  • No, I’d still think she was cute
    Vote B
  • Other (explain)
    Vote C
  • I’m a girl
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Jessicake. Rare is the guy that gives a damn about a woman's height. That's purely a woman's insecurity. One that i've never really understood. And since i'm 6'6" i get a lot of women 5'8" and up initiating contact with me simply because i'm tall. It always annoys me to. Because somebody's height has absolutely 0 bearing on whether or not their a quality human being. And when a woman talks to me simply because i'm tall she's only telling me how shallow and illogical she is. Why would i ever want to be with someone like that.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't mind a girl that's a little taller than me.

However I know girls hate that guys are shorter.

I once had a date with a girl that was about my same height in normal shoes. However she was wearing these boots when we went out and she was a little taller than me.

Needless to say she posted something on FB it was some sort of pic with a quote basically stating she only wants to date tall guys. And this is after our date.

She took longer and longer to reply to messages so I basically just said screw it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• I'd prefer to date someone the same height as me, but someone a bit taller or shorter wouldn't be a deal breaker, so no.

I've seen girls of different heights who I still think are attractive.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well technically the problem is mainly in his lack of physical strength, it's also why girls tend to care about it more, but yes I think that it's looks odd. Also I am unlikely to think that a girl who looks more dominant is "cute", but she might be still pretty. I think that I would vote for other, nothing personal but I think that you better off looking for a taller guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • There was this girl that was cute and she stood up from sitting and she was tall as hell, like almost 6' (I'm 5'9"). I almost said "god damn" out loud lol. But I can guarantee you, I still think she's cute.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tall women are a gift, . C'mere girl! Bring your gorgeous amazon self over here... that's what I'll tell my 6'2 wife when I'm married, and I'm 5'10. And if she likes wearing heels, bring it.

0|0
    0|0
  • every guy is different...

I used to feel insecure around taller girls in my childhood.. Now I found them more attractive... In fact I may marry a girl taller than me... for sure...

1|0
    0|0
  • If a guy doesn't like a taller girl then he needs to come out of the closet as gay. Height only matters to girls, most girls do not want to a guy shorter than them. I'm tall so most women are shorter than me, but I've still been attracted to some 6'3 up women. Tbh finding a talk and pretty woman is not as easy as finding a short pretty woman. Less tall women around, so technically you're more precious and desirable. Also I've found that some girls like tall men, but don't think they can try it if there's more than 4 inches of difference.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't view it any different than a shorter girl. It's just their height.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't want a girl taller than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tall girls are awesome

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd love to have a girlfriend taller than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm attracted to someone who is 5'9, that said I'm 5'8 so there is not a huge difference. Unless there is drastically differences I don't really care about height. I voted other, because while I can often be attracted by those taller, cute is not normally the world I would use to describe them (being more applicable to those shorter).

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, but only because i'm 6'4".

0|0
    0|1
  • I would still think she is cute but probably not interested in me if I’m shorter than her since they always want taller guys

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I'm an inch ish taller than my fiance. 5'7 and 5'6.
    Its not weird

0|0
    0|0
  • same, i'm 5'9 now.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes