Guys, would you text a girl soon after your first date if you are not planning on going on a second date?

As my title says, is it just a nice gesture to do or that shows you're interested? At the end of our date he already said stuff like, thank you again it was nice meeting you! and as i thought i'm prob not going to see hin again he texted say he had a great time. thought?
updated: I replied, sure, hit me up if you wanna do something fun again! then he replied: sure! let me know! ok but this doesn't sound very date-y? more like friendly vibe to me?

3