Do the people who said 'I love you' to their partners know exactly what love means?

Or it's just the fastest way to get into each others' pants? There is a saying, "men used love for sex, and women used sex for love."

Or simply, they fall for the idea of love, like in the unrealistic chickflick movies?Do the people who said 'I love you' to their partners know exactly what love means?

210

Most Helpful Guys

• I know what it means. But I also know what it means to girls.

I’ve said it at times when I didn’t really mean it, but that it was just something that needed to be done in order to get her. I’ve only ever meant it genuinely 3 times in my life (its those breakups that hurt).

• Was the time when you're young and dumb, that you said and you didn't mean it?

• Mhmm, young (although not dumb, never been dumb).

As a young man though you have one overwhelming urge and you will do what it takes to satisfy it. I don’t apologise for that.

Now I have a much better understanding. When you feel completely at peace in the world and literally nothing seems bad around that person you know you are in love.

• Saying that when it isn’t true is a really shitty thing to do.

I’ve never said it just to get a woman in bed. I’ve only said it to one woman. I really did love her and yes, I did want to have sex with her and it did help to speed things along, but I meant it and I still mean it every time I tell her.

The saying that men use love to get sex while women use sex to get love exploits stereotypes of both sexes. It’s a bit cynical and doesn’t make either sex look particularly good. It’s certainly not always true.

Love, to me, happens despite knowing the other person’s faults and means you gladly put the other person’s needs ahead of your own.

• I agreed. But the use of 'love' is overrated that it lost the special meaning, in my opinion

• I'm more interested in the action that words.

But thank you. I hope you found another worthy of your love

• Thank you, too. :)

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't think so. Mostly saying for earning an opportunity or money. Or win a bait. Some do that for a revenge or break someone's relationship. So, that love is pure when u don't gain anything but a heart which should be valuable who loved u truly.