Do the people who said 'I love you' to their partners know exactly what love means?

Or it's just the fastest way to get into each others' pants? There is a saying, "men used love for sex, and women used sex for love."

Or simply, they fall for the idea of love, like in the unrealistic chickflick movies?Do the people who said 'I love you' to their partners know exactly what love means?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I know what it means. But I also know what it means to girls.

I’ve said it at times when I didn’t really mean it, but that it was just something that needed to be done in order to get her. I’ve only ever meant it genuinely 3 times in my life (its those breakups that hurt).

0|0
    0|0
    • Was the time when you're young and dumb, that you said and you didn't mean it?

• Mhmm, young (although not dumb, never been dumb).

As a young man though you have one overwhelming urge and you will do what it takes to satisfy it. I don’t apologise for that.

Now I have a much better understanding. When you feel completely at peace in the world and literally nothing seems bad around that person you know you are in love.

• Saying that when it isn’t true is a really shitty thing to do.

I’ve never said it just to get a woman in bed. I’ve only said it to one woman. I really did love her and yes, I did want to have sex with her and it did help to speed things along, but I meant it and I still mean it every time I tell her.

The saying that men use love to get sex while women use sex to get love exploits stereotypes of both sexes. It’s a bit cynical and doesn’t make either sex look particularly good. It’s certainly not always true.

Love, to me, happens despite knowing the other person’s faults and means you gladly put the other person’s needs ahead of your own.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agreed. But the use of 'love' is overrated that it lost the special meaning, in my opinion

• Show All
    • I'm more interested in the action that words.

But thank you. I hope you found another worthy of your love

• Thank you, too. :)

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't think so. Mostly saying for earning an opportunity or money. Or win a bait. Some do that for a revenge or break someone's relationship. So, that love is pure when u don't gain anything but a heart which should be valuable who loved u truly.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I never really said I love you before, since its supposed to be meaningful in my opinion. I guess some guys and girls abuse the "Love" 😄

0|0
    0|0
  • We make mistakes and confuse sex as love not intentional but when you discover this the damage is done lesson learnned

0|0
    0|0
  • No how could you it means all kind of different things depending on who and what context you ask

0|0
    0|0
  • Most people dont know what exactly love means at the time of telling.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only said it one with my current girl and working out if I did took a long while of thinking

0|0
    0|0
  • Love is subjective.

0|0
    0|0
  • l know when to tell a girl l love her

0|0
    0|0
  • People rarely think about stock phrases like that and just say whatever is trendy, just like thos instagram sluts who post "inspirational quotes" under their nude pics...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes