How do you get someone who had a crush on you to like you back?

So, there's this girl who had a crush on me during high school, but we never spoke, and she never told me. We started talking a few months back, hung out, and I'm really starting to like her, and ask her out. But the thing is, she was.. something happened to her that made her lose faith in love and everything else. I've always been truthful to her, and she knows that I'm genuine. I really want her to give it a shot, give us a shot, but I don't know how to get her to do it. Any ideas or suggestions? Also, I don't wanna lose what we have, for we've become really close to each other now.

11