Do you feel like having a relationship in online life is similar to having a long distance relationship?

Online life - relationship refers to a relationship completely online. For example, suppose you met a person on G@G, approched and got into a relationship. Since that user is from another country/continent, you're not going to meet him/her in life. Yet, you continue the relationship over phone calls or video chats on Skype etc.

Remember, in this type of relationship, two people don't ever physically meet each other unlike traditional LDR.

Do you think thset two are similar? And should prior be included in latter category? Why?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Technically speaking, both can count as LDRs.

However, former one "never going to meet ever" doesn't seem much like romantic relationship. You can at the most call it cybersex buddies. It may be considered as relationship if there's intention of meeting up in future (however distant future it may be)

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• When it comes to these kind of things I'm very iffy about it. The relationship lacks exactly what makes a relationship strong. Contact.

People can do whatever they want to, but I personally don't like them. Not ldr and what you just brought up.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Yes. Well it's not like you never meet, of course you have to. One has to move into another country and that's for each couple to decide for themselves, scatter they find easier and better for them and their future.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes. Pretty much the same.
    Not counting it if you have a motive to meet up with each other.

0|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• I do not think these are similar, because of what you said in the last paragraph. Not that I'd put either on the same scale as a traditional relationship. @BronzedAdonis said it very eloquently here.

0|2
    0|0
  • No. An 'online' relationship isn't real - it's 'virtual. :) It's not even a relationship.

And LDR is simply a waste of time. Statistics show that within 90 days one or the other finds someone else. Date someone you can actually SEE and BE with.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, both are a complete and utter waste of time if you aren't meeting regularly in person in my somewhat jaded opinion.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't consider that one real as you never meet them. What if you get a relationship that you actually do meet?

0|1
    0|0
  • Well they are pretty similar to an extent. I’d like to call it LDR

1|1
    0|0
  • yes and both types of "relationships" are bullshit

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes