Do you feel like having a relationship in online life is similar to having a long distance relationship?

Online life - relationship refers to a relationship completely online. For example, suppose you met a person on G@G, approched and got into a relationship. Since that user is from another country/continent, you're not going to meet him/her in life. Yet, you continue the relationship over phone calls or video chats on Skype etc.

Remember, in this type of relationship, two people don't ever physically meet each other unlike traditional LDR.

Do you think thset two are similar? And should prior be included in latter category? Why?

37

Most Helpful Girl

• Technically speaking, both can count as LDRs.

However, former one "never going to meet ever" doesn't seem much like romantic relationship. You can at the most call it cybersex buddies. It may be considered as relationship if there's intention of meeting up in future (however distant future it may be)

Most Helpful Guy

• When it comes to these kind of things I'm very iffy about it. The relationship lacks exactly what makes a relationship strong. Contact.

People can do whatever they want to, but I personally don't like them. Not ldr and what you just brought up.