Guys, what is honestly more important you when you date a girl, looks or personality?

Would you rather date a girl with love handles and a little tummy pouch and large hips and big breasts who was very outgoing and very open and honest and was intelligent with a university degree, or would you rather go for a girl who is conventionally very attractive, who expects you to pay for everything and who has a rather superficial personality?
Updates:
More important to you* ( Title )

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Looks are pretty important to me but a girl doesn't have to be anywhere close to a 10 in my eyes to fall madly for her. In fact, the first girl I fell for was one I never would have gone after for looks alone, maybe not even gone after in the first place, except I spilled my drinks on her like an idiot.

She was skinny, maybe a bit of a plain face, small boobs, kind of a flat butt. Yet when I spilled my drinks on her, I rushed to grab paper nakins and she took it so well. Then we got talking and clicked so much that we kept talking after the party, all the way until the morning walking to a nearby park and sitting on the bench and talking for hours more, and exchanged numbers.

And later I ended up falling so much for her that I found her more beautiful than anyone I ever dated, more attractive than any celebrity. I was smitten, and in ways that surprised me because at first impression, her looks weren't all that to me. She even broadened my preferences to like girls who looked like her.

1|0
    0|0
    • So I have a lot of leeway for looks, so to speak. They're important but I only need to think a girl is "somewhat attractive" in the beginning. If I fall madly for her, she's going to go from "somewhat attractive" to "most attractive girl ever". I'll become biased to favor her looks above anyone else's if I can form such strong feelings for her.

• Show All
    • It would have been worse if they were twin sisters who wore the same clothes everyday. Imagine that 😂 ‘’ Which one did I hit on yesterday? ‘’ ‘’ Which one hated me and which one liked me back? ‘’ ‘’ Let’s try both of them ‘’ 😂😂😂😂

• That would have been ridiculous. Fortunately they were worlds apart in every single respect; I never would have been able to guess they were sisters in advance. The older sister was much more extroverted, at the center of the party. The younger one (the one I eventually fell for) was much more introverted and quiet though she could really open up when you got to talking to her.

That relationship didn't last though. We got all the way to living together and then hell broke loose; we weren't nearly as compatible trying to live together as when we just hung out together at select times on dates when we were both ready to go out.

I married some time later with a woman with whom I got along so well with even after we started living together. But she was one of the first ones I really fell for to a ridiculous level, and after her I never thought I'd feel that way again... till I met my now-wife.

• A great personality can make a below average women look good while a narcissistic personality can make a hot woman look ugly. I actually go for girls with some imperfections and I like wide hips so that is what I would usually go for.

2|0
    0|0
    • I absolutely understand your reasoning! It’s like meeting a sexy gym guy with strong biceps and a six pack and handsome facial features who later turns out to be a respectless player who sleeps around. Behavior can sometimes ruin a person’s qualities.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• I think what i will be saying here applies to pretty much every guy.

If you have a baseline "beauty", a minimum, a standard, your personality will matter more in serious dating. No guy is going to ditch you because you dont look hot. But if you are seriously unattractive, no personality will save you. I know its harsh, but i think its fair to some point. Girls are born with natural beauty without moving a finger for it.

0|0
    1|0
  • The main thing that is important to me in a girl's personality is if she is not a slut, but otherwise looks are fairly important too, at the very least a girl should better not be ugly. You say that the second girl is conventionally very attractive, but it's not very clear what it's means, and a girl who had large hips and big breasts does not sounds bad, a lot of guys prefer big breasts. :)

0|0
    1|0
  • The first one would be far more attractive to me. I love big breasts and don’t mind a few extra pounds, especially when it comes with a great outgoing personality. She sounds hot! Can you introduce me? 😀

1|0
    0|0
  • I date only beautiful women. I'm more into facial beauty and healthy body. Also, I believe part of beauty is personality. A facially beautiful women can be made ugly if she has a screw face when she looks at you.

All other things can be worked on if need be.

1|0
    0|0
  • Looks matter, but I don't like vapid or trashy girls. I prefer someone intelligent and thoughtful., preferably educated and preferably intellectual and nerdy.

1|0
    0|0
  • There's a baseline level of looks required then it's all about personality. So like after a 7 /10 level of looks, it's all about personality.

1|0
    0|0
  • Since I'm the intellectual guy, I tend to like people I can have a good (intellectual) conversation with. So personality is superior to me.
    Besides, I surely do not have the looks, so I guess I want people to be attracted by my personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd be going for the first girl, ideally. I mean looks matter but if the personality is trashy its just like having a sexy Satsn presiding over you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Personality, looks are a bonus

1|0
    0|0
  • Personality, definitely.

1|0
    0|0
  • Personality... always.

1|0
    0|0
  • Can't fuck a personality