Is it ok to kiss on the first date?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• No. Eww. My God. Do you want to be a whore? Because that's how you become a whore.

Of course it's okay. That's basic stuff there. I'd say it's not okay to not kiss on the first date. If you don't kiss, then that's a sign the date went poorly. It's a good thing, not a bad thing.

2|0
    0|0
  • It means the date went well if you desire to kiss the person and it's mutual. That is good obviously, as most likely there will be a desire for a second date and the two people are attracted and like each other.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I always kiss on the first date if it goes well and it feels right!

0|2
    1|0
    • Do you usually wear the lipstick you're wearing in your profile pic if you're on a date?

• Show All
    • Well I'm gonna guess guys never turn down a kiss with you then haha

• @mitchd171 Haha, hasn’t happened before. I’ve turned down kisses though 😂

• I think so, if permission is asked and both want to.

0|0
    0|0
    • Instead of permission, what if the guy looks into your eyes and directly says "I am going to kiss you now". Do you require him ask and you say yes or is a head's up permission enough? As a guy I struggle with how the first kiss is romantic and spontaneous if it is asked for ahead of time.

• Show All
    • I've been kissed forcefully without my permission, which has caused some trauma, I've also been in the situation where a guy tried to kiss me and I didn't want him to. It was SO awkward. I'd rather always be aware of what's about to happen. I've never been in a situation where I've wondered why someone didn't kiss me. Men aren't obligated to take the initiative. If I want to kiss someone, I can be the one to ask for permission as well.

• 1st kissing should never be forceful, clearly someone who didn’t respect people. We will agree to disagree because I believe it is on the guy to take the initiative on the first date. I am ok if she kisses me, but feel like I should take the lead in the beginning as I am out to woo her. I see your point and will think about how to ask in a romantic way :). Thanks for your answers

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 67

• Yes it is. You're consenting adults and can do what you want and both feel comfortable with.

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to not think so, am old school and thought I was being respectful if I didn't get sexual and even didn't kiss until date #2. However based on how society has changed along with feedback from female friends and online research now if I feel a connection I will kiss her on the first date. I think a kiss is a clear communication there is something there and let's her know I am interested in her romantically.

0|0
    0|0
  • I find it really quick move in a first date. It's just the first date and we don't really really know each other completely. When they find the comfort zone within us. Then it's okay to kiss. It's just my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • sure. it's up to individuals to decide their own standards. me personally tried to avoid kissing on the first date but what i do is not necessarily what someone else should do

0|0
    0|0
  • nah that's fine.
    when on a date that's what you're aiming for if you get that and you both kiss it just means it worked out better than both of you expected it to do.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's okay to do anything you want, any time you want. Really. Just know there are consequences for your actions. In this case, I doubt there is anything deleterious about it. :)

1|0
    0|0
    • Seriously, where is your brain with your answers. It's okay to do anything you want, any time you want? I don't think so.

• Show All
    • "Anything" you want, any time you want" does not just mean kissing. It means ANYTHING. You need a lesson on word meanings. And I never said a thing about kissing. This whole thread was for trolling or made by some 12 yr old kid as most of these dumb threads are. So I am trolling too.

• @TrixiePooch - You're trolling too? F'ing brilliant. Good bye honey, it's been nice. :)

• It's not something with which I'm comfortable (unless perhaps we were already friends when the first date occurred), but it's up to the individuals involved.

1|0
    0|0
  • depends on whether you both like each other
    but never do it cos you were pressured and only do it if you want to

0|0
    0|0
  • Kiss? Most people have SEX on the first date. Hell, people go home with complete strangers on nights out and have sex with them without knowing their last name.

0|0
    1|0
  • yes but only if you want to. You don't owe anybody anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes if you both really like each other and are feeling it

0|0
    0|0
  • Its ok to do anything you please on a first date. As long as you are both ok with what happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's what a guy Hope's for, means he did good and it was a good day, gives him confidence for the next, if no kids is received then I wonders what went wrong

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely, if you feel comfortable to kiss hopefully it was a good date 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Nice easy going kiss after easy going night? Sure. On the lips, by the way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Like kiss her vagina? I usually save that for the first time we meet. The first date I eat that ass.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like to kiss after the 3rd date personally that just feels like the right time for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Kiss? Don't see why not if the attractions strong it's not like it's a one night stand is it?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep why not!!! Specially if you have got a chamistry! Go for it, it has a special taste!

0|1
    0|0
  • if it doesn't happen, i may think she's not into me

0|1
    0|0
  • If it was a good date for you Yes of course. Or else... yeah just do whatever you feel

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure is, especially if you're interested in a second date.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you both feel it's the right thing to do if course it's ok

0|0
    0|0
  • It's okay as long as it feels right. Sometimes you just need more time to get comfortable.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anna: yes if it's true love
    Me : not really appropriate

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. It depends on the date tough but a nice easy going date, no problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you don't I'm gone. I want a girl with interest in me. I'm not sticking around to stroke your ego

0|0
    0|1
  • Depends on how your first date was.. If everything was ok, then go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it is definitely not okay.

2|0
    0|0
  • I usually do a hell of a lot more than that :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 34

• I have, if it feels right.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only time I don't kiss on a first date is if I don't want to go out with them again. It's perfectly fine to kiss on the first date anyone who tells you any different is stuck in the 50s.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it feels right to you, why not?

Initially I used to be averse to it but when I was on firsr date with my boyfriend, it felt so right. We had amazing chemistry

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely Not!!! You have no idea who that person is, and I would be offended if you tried it kiss me. I have personal rules and manners. I guess it's called " old school"

0|0
    0|0
    • Out of curiosity would you be more open to it if it was someone you knew previously, like someone you have been friends with for months or worked with?

• Show All
    • A good first date planned by the man isn't earning it?

Id also like to add that I'm not trying to say your opinion is wrong or bad; I'm just asking questions.

• No, it has nothing to do with what you planned, it has to do with morals and standards. If you want to be with a woman, you need to learn to appreciate her first...

• I'm not okay with it, I'd feel too uncomfortable to do so

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah it is completely normal to kiss on the 1st date

0|0
    0|0
  • If the chemistry is there then yes! Sometimes things just click immediately!

0|0
    0|0
  • If u r an obedient child and friendship keeper then ask them coz u r not capable of taking any decisions of urself without them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, unless one of you isn’t interested can’t force a kiss.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah, if i want to and it doesn't hurt anyone i don't care if it's okay

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s perfectly fine. You both can do whatever you want as long as your comfortable

0|1
    0|0
  • I think its fine, I've kissed a guy i didn't even know😂

0|0
    0|0
  • This is no more the question, it should be whether to go further further down

0|0
    0|0
  • It's okay as long as you know there'll be a second date 😂😂

0|0
    0|1
  • If you feel like it but personally I'd like to wait at least a couple of dates to feel comfortable

0|0
    0|0
  • I think yes if there is an attraction between both then why not

0|0
    0|0
  • It kind of depends on your culture and values.

0|2
    0|0
  • Personally I wouldn't due to religious reasons.

0|0
    1|0
  • i think it's fine

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is

0|1
    0|0
  • Hmh, if both agrees, there's no pressure then yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if the vibe is right

0|0
    0|0
  • Ahn... hell yeah
    It's the sign it went well

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes 🤔

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if you like the date and the guy

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, if both are comfortable

1|0
    0|0
  • i think so. a little one is cute

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes if it wasn’t okay it wouldn’t be allowed.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes