Is it ok to kiss on the first date?

3669

Most Helpful Guys

• No. Eww. My God. Do you want to be a whore? Because that's how you become a whore.

Of course it's okay. That's basic stuff there. I'd say it's not okay to not kiss on the first date. If you don't kiss, then that's a sign the date went poorly. It's a good thing, not a bad thing.

• It means the date went well if you desire to kiss the person and it's mutual. That is good obviously, as most likely there will be a desire for a second date and the two people are attracted and like each other.

Most Helpful Girls

• I always kiss on the first date if it goes well and it feels right!

• Do you usually wear the lipstick you're wearing in your profile pic if you're on a date?

• Well I'm gonna guess guys never turn down a kiss with you then haha

• @mitchd171 Haha, hasn’t happened before. I’ve turned down kisses though 😂

• I think so, if permission is asked and both want to.

• Instead of permission, what if the guy looks into your eyes and directly says "I am going to kiss you now". Do you require him ask and you say yes or is a head's up permission enough? As a guy I struggle with how the first kiss is romantic and spontaneous if it is asked for ahead of time.

• I've been kissed forcefully without my permission, which has caused some trauma, I've also been in the situation where a guy tried to kiss me and I didn't want him to. It was SO awkward. I'd rather always be aware of what's about to happen. I've never been in a situation where I've wondered why someone didn't kiss me. Men aren't obligated to take the initiative. If I want to kiss someone, I can be the one to ask for permission as well.

• 1st kissing should never be forceful, clearly someone who didn’t respect people. We will agree to disagree because I believe it is on the guy to take the initiative on the first date. I am ok if she kisses me, but feel like I should take the lead in the beginning as I am out to woo her. I see your point and will think about how to ask in a romantic way :). Thanks for your answers