Can a girl text first without seeming needy?

I am talking to this great guy. We've gone on 3 dates and I feel like we've really hit it off. We don't really text but he's told me that he prefers when he connects with someone in person. I'm not a big texter either so I don't mind it but since our third date went so well, I figured it might change a little or he would at least reach out more.

We haven't talked in five days and I don't know if I should reach out or not. We both agreed we want to take things slow and I don't want to seem clingy since the last girl he talked to was clingy and scared him away. My friends are telling me to let him chase me instead of me reaching out but I don't want him to think I'm no longer interested or us just slowly stop talking. What should I do?

03