Are there man, who don't like to be approached?

If yes, why?
I'm not talking about "asking a guy out". I'm talking about saying hi and starting conversation.

Also: to BE approached, not TO approach

012

Most Helpful Guys

• Approached is okay, maybe even nice, and flirty is nice, but I actually don't like being asked out. Cause if I like the girl, I'll ask her out. She'd kind of mess up my whole initiative if she asks me out, even if I liked her back. Plus I don't like being in the position of rejecting a girl. I can handle being rejected, rejecting a girl is much more awkward to me (I don't have enough experience since it wasn't like I got girls asking me out so often; I have plenty of experience being rejected!)

• I'm weird that way though. Probably many guys would appreciate being asked out. For me it just kind of messes up my whole plan if I was planning to do it or, worse, puts me in the really awkward and uncomfortable position of having to reject someone.

• Not the slightest for me at least. It might actually be the opposite if she's very flirty -- kind of boosting my ego and making me feel more attractive. :-D And if she's not flirty and just friendly, I might make a good friend I might not have otherwise made, and I love that.

I am kind of used to girls approaching and being very flirty with me even though I'm not so attractive. I think it is because of my weird biracial looks. They're very hit or miss and probably many girls find them strange and unappealing, but here and there a girl will sometimes seem to find my biracial looks "very exotic" and then approach and become very flirty.

It is always flattering but occasionally irritating, especially when the girl is coming on so strongly and the interest isn't mutual so as to put me in an awkward position of feeling like I have to reject her. These days I find myself in that spot more often since occasionally girls still do that even though I'm married and wearing the wedding ring...

• Again that is only when the girl is obviously expressing far, far more interest than being a friend. I would generally love being approached no matter what by just about anyone, any age, male or female, if they're just curious and friendly and wondering where I'm from or something and want to be friends.

And when I was single I still appreciated the flirty ones if I liked them back or if they at least weren't coming on so strongly as to put me in an awkward position.

• Yes, MGTOW. Not approaching women guarantees avoiding #metoo BS, if women start approaching men then how are we supposed to avoid you for our financial and reputational safety? (Lock ourselves in our homes?)

• How about read the title right.

• Oh my... well there's not much new to say to this as you're repeating yourself

• As are we both. It's the optimistic Vs pessimistic philosophy.
      The same debate is in guns, immigration, etc. It's all about jars of m&ms and what proportion of poisonous ones can be in there before you won't take 1.