Embarrassed to post this.. but here goes, is it too late?

Hello everyone reading!
I'm Andrea and I'm 28 years old, living in Sunny California! I have in my final year of medical school- a year from now I'll be a doctor! However, I hold a deep secret. I'm 28, single and still a virgin (rare, I know!).
Throughout the past few years, school has taken over my life. From pre-medicine studies to medical school, it took years of hard work and focus. So, I never got into the dating world!
I believe I would be ready to date after graduation from medical school. I'll be 29 and I'll be a newbie to dating if I give it a chance. I feel no man would be interested in a woman so inexperienced plus my crazy hours at the hospital. I am completely embarrassed.
Is it too late to even give love a try? All these years I've seen my friends fall in and out of love, get married but I'm yet to experience it and to be honest, it does get lonely at times.
Any opinions would be appreciated!

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• That's for ask to answer. The question of the day. by the way nice to meet such a great lady. I really respect you from my heart core (if you are true). Aa you said yourself it's rare. Yes, it's rare and you know what rare things are priceless. So it's better to be a rare. Why you want to drain your years of hard work. What happened that's you suddenly started thinking about dating. You have climbed a big ladder and yet to go high and high why you want to disrupt your balance and fall down. Next year you will be a good doctor then do greater studies and achieve a much more great post in the field of medical sciences. Do PhD research and became a big Doctor of the nation, make your parents proud. Why the hell are you looking at your friends dating and doing all that shit. May be many boys now are days try to lure you strictly stay away from them they will destroy your carrier and you won't realize. And if someone truly loves you tell him to wait directly for marriage. If he can he loves you. I want you to be a great person, hope you understand what I mean to say. You are different and made to make a difference. Don't deviate from the track. You thought of minds is getting hit by your friends circle but you need not need to deviate. Stay focused towards your goals. Be a medical angel for 99999999 people around the world are in need of a angel to save there lives. Babies, women , injured soldiers. Old men. Many many lives are waiting for your mind heart and Hands. Be ready... god bless you.

0|0
    0|0
  • hahahahaha... nice.
    first off... congrats... i love a person (not just a woman) that wants to better themselves FIRST.
    i also like the confidence and honesty... so i will be Diesel and be honest too.
    First off, your first try is gonna fail... men seem to be intimidated by successful women, im not. i see it as a challenge.
    Secondly... you can give love a try but it seem you lack understanding in that aspect.. im only hoping you aren't the emotional type.
    Third, you have seen ur friends too huh... that is very discouraging but dont let it discourage You. you got this... you worked hard for it, so show it, be loud, be proud, and own it.

lastly... no one can call you a gold-digging whore... you already got gold.. fuck em... right? I'll be here to guide you if you want to know the inner (not the outer) workings.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow honey you are going to be a doctor and that really is something and not many girls of your age become that
    Yea its rare that you are virgin but i think there are many others out there like you, many guys here on this platform say that they are virgins too
    And honey you should be blunt about it coz you have been taking your life in phases so i dont think there's much wrong in that
    And with your crazy hours i think a doctor can match with a doctor easily coz they would both understand each other fully

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• someone will be interested, there is someone out there for everyone and why should you be any different?

being a virgin isn't a turn off to any guy just be your self but dont let anyone talk you into stuff you dont want... make sure they want you for you and not for that virginity...
    probably best just to not say anything about it, that way you get to know them and their intentions before hand

0|0
    0|0
  • Your still a baby and it's too early to think about love, keep working...

Other women in your age have 2 kids by now...
    I really don't care if your inexperienced but what i care for is i'm not a hobbie that you will use in your free time... that's me.

Maybe other guys would be fine with it!

0|0
    1|0
  • It's never too late! If you want a boyfriend and is open for a relationship, then I'm sure you can make it happen :) Of course it requires devotion with that kind of work hours, but it's not impossible at all. Also, regarding the inexperience, I'm sure you will be fine. Guys like to feel masculine and helpful, so the guy will love to help you through it all :)

0|0
    0|0
  • No, people expect people in your situation to do that. If you are just starting your residency it will probably be another couple years before you really have time for a relationship anyway. But no, it's not too late now or even in a couple years.

And if you don't believe me, drop me a line. I live in Cal too.

0|0
    0|0
  • i always prefer a woman like you because im the same as you, im a virgin waiting till marriage, never kissed or touched any woman before, so its a big turn on for me to find a woman like you, so its not too late at all, by the way im in the same boat as you, everyone around me is getting married or are already married, it does gets pretty lonely a lot of times, but what can you do? *Shrugs*

0|0
    0|0
  • You still got time. Also you have good chances since many women have some encumbarance such as kids which can alienate some men.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's never too late for love.
    Some men may not be comfortable with your inexperience, but some will have no problem with it... but that is true of pretty much anything (some will, some won't).

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not important. Don't worry about it. If it matters to a guy, he's not really interested in you (a relationship).

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't worry about it. I just started "dating" this year.

My entire 20s were a mess when it came to women. But anyhoo, you're a girl so don't worry about it. Inexperience is actually sexy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Soooooo…….. Virgin, Doctor, Old School Values. Any takers fellas or back down to the pub for a drunken THOT.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never too late. Just gotta be brave and step out of your comfort zone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most guys won't care if they are dating you because they like u

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd date you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think its great.

0|0
    0|0
  • For some it's a turn on

0|0
    0|0
  • YES... Being asexual works best for you.

0|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 4

• It is never too late but face it, doctors work long hours so when will you have time to date? And especially if you are in your last year you still get to go through residency so you will have even less time. Now you know why doctors and nurses always hook up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Firstly, congrats on finishing medical school! What an achievement!

Secondly, no, I don't think it's too late. I think you'll find your mate and probably in the medical field as well. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's not too late. I got together with my boyfriend earlier this year, having put off having an intimate relationship for personal reasons, and I know from that that it's not too late to start.

0|0
    0|0
  • At least You are a doctor and a virgin. I'm just a virgin🙃 also, I've seen guys your age or older in gag admitting they are virgins too. So you're Not the only one

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes