Does it mean anything when a stranger messages you on Facebook?

A year ago my brother was in a car accident, and I made a post about it on Facebook. This particular guy, let’s call him Dave. Dave messaged me saying that he hopes my brother is doing better and that he hopes I’m doing good too. (He’s the one that sent the friend request, I accepted. He also follows me on Instagram). Then like a month later, he sent me a wave at 1:30am- when I mentioned this to a friend of mine. She said no one is up to no good at 1:30 in the morning, is that true?

Also, Dave got hired at my job three months ago. And none of us have brought up that we have each other on Facebook or that he messaged me. He’s also my manager.

Is that weird?

21