Would you still pursue a person you liked after you found out they are a smoker?

There's a girl that is really pretty and has a sweet personality that I've been talking to and really we've really just flirted a bit. I found out she is a smoker and I don't think I can deal with that. She smokes a pack every 2 days and I was surprised because she doesn't smell like cigarettes. What would you do if you found out the person you were interested in is a smoker?

I don't guess this question really applies to you if you're a smoker.
  • Ask the person out on a date
  • Just find someone else

31

Most Helpful Girl

• If they're not interested in quitting smoking , I'm not going to consider being with them

• Well, I would agree with you but there's no way I would give this girl an ultimatum of quite smoking and I'll go out on a date with you. That just makes no sense considering she's attractive enough to get almost any guy. I'm attractive but not that attractive. Lol

Honestly, if she quite smoking, she really could get any guy.
      I did actually hint to her that she needed to stop smoking to see if she was open to it. She seems to be like most smokers who say they wish they could stop but never really try hard enough. Seems I'm at a loss.

• How is that any different than making him quit smoking? If he doesn't quit, you'll likely not stay so it's an ultimatum like you said you weren't going to demand. You're just saying you'll stay until you see if he can or can't quit...
      I just can't figure out why you're trying to nuance it so it doesn't sound bad.

• I'm not gonna leave him if he doesn't quit. I'm saying that I'm not gonna date him in the first place if he doesn't have the intention to try and quit

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless they were willing to quit, I don't think I'd want to be with them.