I got dumped because I'm quiet and that's not his type?

I'm kind of shy, don't say a lot around new people especially guys but he told me I'm too quiet and that's not his type. It feels like my heart has been ripped out

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well.. Everyone has different preferences.
    If he doesn't like you enough to overlook something like that, I believe it's good that he straight up tells you so, instead of building wrong hopes.
    Just don't think that it's your fault for being shy.. You are the way you are and someone who loves you will except you that way too. Don't change yourself over one opinion please, as they are many others who'd beg to differ.

0|0
    0|0
    • others opinions shouldn't drive a person.
      you should not care about what someone thinks of you.

• That's what I've said.. Especially since everyone has a different opinion.
      Changing yourself over that is useless because while you'd adapt to one person, you'd distance yourself from another.
      Just stay yourself.

Most Helpful Girl

• It happens. You don't tickle everyone's pickle. SO what? Find a guy who likes quiet girls or stop being quiet. It depends on what you want, girl.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• You wete ATTRACTED to him because he is what you are not: an outgoing social butterfly.

Be yourself because there are PLENTY of guys who'd like you for who yoy are ALTHOUG they may be a bit quiet themselves not being like Mister Life of the Party who just dumped you.

Generally, we are attracted to people uike us becauae they may seem exciting ir interesting, but, in the long run, we seek comfort in the familiar and understandable people similar to who we are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Screw him, I got dumped too by that and I worked on myself and became a better version of myself. She came back but I didn’t let him. You deserve better :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Why would you care? If you are not a match, find someone who is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well then maybe you should find a quiet guy. Someone who understands what your going through.

0|0
    0|0
  • He did you a favor quiet is welcome wherever i roam who gives a rats ass what he thinks

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe he was telling the truth or maybe he's making that up to cover up a real reason he doesn't like you or to hide something about himself.

0|0
    0|0
    • Something similar happened to me, the guy was making up excuses about me, but kept messaging me, so I was curious about him, I thought he was normal, but some things didn't add up so I did some research;
      he turned out to be an actual psychopath, with no empathy or conscience or remorse, well at least I found out through friends and his family.

• Screw that jerk

0|0
    0|0
  • you gonna be fine, men come and go, so no point crying over them

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes