What do you think of his response? I asked him if I am messaging him too much and he said he understands I just want someone to talk to?

We met on an online dating site a few weeks or so, he texted me a lot at first, and I liked hearing from him every morning. Then sometimes he wouldn't sometimes he still does. The time he does not, I text first which has been more than not now. Thanks to God, he responds a lot and still sometimes initiates but am wondering why it is still not every morning anymore. I asked him if I am texting to much and apologized if so, he basically responded "well, I understand, you just want someone to talk to". I don't know what to think

03