How do I know a woman finds me attractive?

I apologize for the long post, but I would REALLY appreciate if someone could help me out on this!

I have always struggled with this. I want to understand this better.. I have received quite a few compliments and I am in good shape, but I haven't been very social for a very long time. Now that I want to get back in the game and approach women, I want to understand some of these elements. Here are a few examples that I don't get:

- Sometimes a woman will keep prolonged eye contact.
- Sometimes she'll see me and quickly look down or to the side.
- Sometimes we will walk past each other, she'll look at me from the distance, but when we get closer, she'll pretend to look at something else on the side.
- Sometimes she will look a bit nervous, start fidgeting when I am close to her in the gym. I can't tell if she is uncomfortable of me being nearby or perhaps she likes me and I made her feel a bit nervous.
- Sometimes I'll see a woman looking at me several times
- Sometimes a woman will pretend to look around my direction and for a split second they'll look at me.
- Sometimes I'll see a woman looking at me through the corner of her eye

It's possible that I am over analyzing this and if that is the case, then I apologize, but...

Whatever the case is, I almost never see an emotion. It almost feels like they are testing me, especially with the prolonged eye contact. They keep a neutral face, mostly known as the ''resting b*tch face''. Could someone please explain these things to me? I feel a bit frustrated.

11