Can you really have a relationship without settling?

I have come to the conclusion that if I don't choose to pick a partner and settle with someone who is decent, I will be single and alone forever.
I really thought growing up would be amazing, but the older you get, the more alone you get. This doesn't mean you lost your friends or anything, but everyone is busy now. Your friends work, go to school, or have relationships of their own. You use to see them almost daily, and eventually you may never see them for months.
This loneliness has led me to start growing desperation for finding someone. Now for years I have been trying to find a good quality person to settle down with, but as the years pass by, I am starting to understand that it doesn't exist. The idea of finding a semi-suitable mate seems to be the only option to fulfill the dreams I once had to share with someone I thought I would have found by now.
My loneliness has led to depression, which is something I never had my whole life till a couple years ago.
Now I stand in a pool of hopelessness. Now I feel I have run dry, and finding any relationship is impossible.
Welcome to the world we live in... good luck.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 1

• Of course, that's possible.
    I suggest you stop thinking about relationships and take some time for yourself. You're still young, so just do your own thing, take a positive direction, and you might even find a woman who likes you and who you like while you do that. If you don't, you can always get back to playing the field when you're feeling more confident, because being desperate is unattractive to women.
    As time goes by, even if your life isn't moving forward in its romantic aspect, it does in others, so you don't have to worry about anything and just enjoy what life is bringing to you, instead of growing frustrated over what you haven't taken from it yet.
    Good luck.

1|0
    0|0
    • I guess my main issue is I can't enjoy anything alone. I literally can't do anything alone; except what is needed.

• Show All
    • Throughout all of High School, there was maybe 3-5 days where I wasn't hanging out with a friend nearly all day. In any one of those days, I went crazy. I couldn't do anything, I didn't know what to do. Sometimes I would pace the whole house just thinking and feel unstable. (Playing games online together has the same effect as hanging out)

• Find gaming buddies then.

Recommended myTakes