Single for 8months?

Iv Been single for 8 months and im finding it hard to even have any sort of relationship with people since my ex messed around and mentally abused me, iv been pushing people away i dont feel love anymore i want to like someone and get close to them but i feel as if im going to get hurt , is this normal am i going to quick i dont understand why i push people away :(

210

Most Helpful Guys

• I've been single for 2.5 years. Just take your time, and maybe try getting to know someone as a friends first type thing. There's nothing wrong with being single until you're ready. You're closing yourself off as a defense mechanism and that's normal. I'd say take little steps towards letting people back in and searching for a partner. In time you'll heal. I don't know your situation, or how long you were dating but yeah it can leave a deep emotional scar for a bit, but over time it'll get better.

• I was with my ex for 3 years he's left a massive hole in my life im not as open to making friends he hated that etc

• Thanks i appreciate it

• No problem

• I have been single for 3 years... although that doesn't bother me so much since I generally enjoy being single and still date girls from time to time.

More importantly, I think you need to work through some things based off what you said... Also, based off your post it sounds like you believe you need* to be in a relationship. My little sister is the same way... I can not stress how healthy it is to be peace with yourself before dating someone else. Being firm in who you are and with your life- aka friends, work, and social life will make you a stronger partner in the future and help expose you to potential partners in the process.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know how that feels. I stopped dating for like a year lol. Maybe you should try to talk to your friends or people you trust. Or seek therapy