When is a guy ready for a girlfriend?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• When he learns how to value someone and knows that no one is perfect.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are certain things it's the man's job to initiate - such as getting her phone number, asking her for at least the first 4 dates, and so forth. There are also certain things it's the woman's job to initiate - this would be asking you to be her boyfriend, asking you to get married, the topic of kids, and so forth. Relationships and kids are the women's territory, it's her job to bring it up, at least indirectly, not yours.

She may not directly ask you something like "Do you want to be my boyfriend" .. she may ask you indirectly something like "So are you seeing other people" .. reply back to her honestly.. then wait to see if she says "I would like for us to date only each other" .. then tell her "So are you asking me to be your boyfriend" .. and if she says "Yes", then tell her "Give me a week to think about it" ... this is how you know that she wants you to be her boyfriend because she wants it and not because you pressured her into it. Personally, I wouldn't want to be someone's boyfriend unless I have had 10 or 12 dates with them.

To answer your question, you are ready for a girlfriend, when she asks you to be her boyfriend, and you have gone out with her on at least 10 to 12 dates.