Is it ok to Date a 16 year old as a 21 year old?

So she's in college and UK consent is 16. Little backstory, so I met her on a dating app and she said sh was 18. I DO NOT go for 16 year old's on purpose. We hit it off and decided to meet, it was here when we decided to meet she told me she was 16 not 18. I was immediately confused as I liked her but y'know 16 and all. When I was 16 and girls my age went out with guys in there 20's we called them pervs. So anyway I told her to see what her dad though and if he was ok so was I. But im still confused and feel really bad. Help?

28

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't. She lied to you already about her age, so... Why date a liar? Secondly, at 16 she needs better hobbies than dating sites. Thirdly, 16 is a weird time where really only dating up to 18/19 ish is acceptable to others.
    So date for 18 onwards as 16 they are still semi classed as a kid.

Most Helpful Guy

• What the fuck dude you're actually it? That's pedophilia and you need to check yourself and get checked by a mental health professional. You need to stay in your own age group or go the minimum of 18 years old if you have to go for someone still in their teens. Absolutely unacceptable.

• Uk age of consent is 16. It is not paedophilia, that would be if she was 15.

• That's still too young. Anyone who needs to date a child who just barely went through puberty needs to be locked up.