Is it ok to Date a 16 year old as a 21 year old?

So she's in college and UK consent is 16. Little backstory, so I met her on a dating app and she said sh was 18. I DO NOT go for 16 year old's on purpose. We hit it off and decided to meet, it was here when we decided to meet she told me she was 16 not 18. I was immediately confused as I liked her but y'know 16 and all. When I was 16 and girls my age went out with guys in there 20's we called them pervs. So anyway I told her to see what her dad though and if he was ok so was I. But im still confused and feel really bad. Help?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't. She lied to you already about her age, so... Why date a liar? Secondly, at 16 she needs better hobbies than dating sites. Thirdly, 16 is a weird time where really only dating up to 18/19 ish is acceptable to others.
    So date for 18 onwards as 16 they are still semi classed as a kid.

0|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• What the fuck dude you're actually it? That's pedophilia and you need to check yourself and get checked by a mental health professional. You need to stay in your own age group or go the minimum of 18 years old if you have to go for someone still in their teens. Absolutely unacceptable.

0|0
    0|0
    • Uk age of consent is 16. It is not paedophilia, that would be if she was 15.

• That's still too young. Anyone who needs to date a child who just barely went through puberty needs to be locked up.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• She's 16, wait until she's 18 or people will see you as a creep.

0|0
    0|0
    • My dad is a gay man of 53 and was going out with someone who was 23, so age isn't really a major factor where I live, its just it feels bad.

What Guys Said 7

• If you are compatible, have her father's consent, and it is not illegal. . . what is the problem? The little voice in your head? And what is that called? Conscience. Is your conscience talking to you? What is it saying?

0|0
    0|0
  • Next up.. on your list is.. being a farther. Here how it will go.
    Dad says sure as long as you marry her if you get her pregnant..
    She says oh.. and when you to finally have sex. She says Im no the pill its my safe day go ahead. . I love you.. Hello daddy..

0|0
    0|0
  • You wait till she's 18. Unless you want to get buttfucked in jail.

0|0
    0|0
    • Uk age of concent is 16, there is no risk of jail its just the tabbo thats worrying.

• I wouldn't date a 16 yo who's trolling for dicks on Tinder but your mileage may vary

0|0
    0|0
  • Rule of thumb, cut your age in half, then add 7. That's how young your partner can be without it seeming weird.

0|0
    0|0
    • so if she's 17 it would be ok?

• Show All
    • Yea we are both from the UK so actual consent is 16 but it seems taboo.

• Oh, that makes sense. But yeah man rule of thumb. You may have to wait a year after all if you feel unsure at all then

• No you shit.

0|0
    0|1
  • That's some risky business LOL.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes