How many of you are truly annoyed when a guy only says hey? Or do you not mind it?

I have noticed that some women that are online dating apps hate it when a guy only says hey to them, but when women start the conversation first, I have noticed that they do the same thing. Do women truly care about whether or not a guy says only says hey to start a conversation?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s not really that big of a deal in my opinion. Saying “hey” to start a convo isn’t the wrong answer in the scenario. But after a while, especially on dating apps, you are trying to look for someone who stands out, or wants to get to know you. When you start off an convo with “Hey” it kind of sounds like “I’m bored, entertain me”. And it can be a bit annoying if you always start the conversation, and don’t seem to get any reciprocation from the other person. It makes them seem almost like they’ve lost interest, especially if they don’t start up any other convo after “hey”.
    Also women like good social skills, if you really want to catch her interest, ask a few questions from time to time. It makes us feel appreciated. You may make her day.
    I hope this helps!

• It does help. Thank you!

Most Helpful Guy

• No one is really comes off as interesting on a site anymore.

Everyone's trying to be approachable and normal, but in doing so, lose much of their essence when described in a few short sentences. And no one really has the patience to read long, thorough descriptions niether.

So to start off with a "Hey" or any vairent only would work if both parties were just physically attracted to each other off their pictures. But if both are good at messaging and are into it, then it doesn't matter how it starts.