Why does my boyfriend act manly around his friends/family but so soft around me?

We’ve been dating for a year a few weeks now. I was with my boyfriend at his friends house last weekend to just catch up and we decided to watch a movie. there was about eight people there not including us. My boyfriend and his friend went to the kitchen and got some snacks for the movie when two of his mates asked me how it’s been dating their friend but it got to the point of me showing them cute photos my boyfriend has sent me {ones of him with a missy face, him wearing the face masks I gave him} and when my boyfriend came back and saw I could see he was not happy with me. He’s nice to me around others but he holds back a lot and acts like a tough guy. When we’re alone together we wear face masks, he always wants to cuddle and kiss, we watch Disney movies together and he even sings the songs with me. He just acts like a softy with me.
Am I doing some wrong for him to not show me the same soft affection like he does when we’re alone?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• That's rare and you should realize what it means. He has a deeper trust and connection with you, one that goes beyond his "daily face" you get to see the side of him he doesn't show to everyone

1|0
    0|0
  • You aren't doing anything wrong, if anything, you're doing something right because he feels secure in his masculinity around you, even though he might not feel the same way in group situations.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Boys can be like that. At least he’s showing you love. Maybe people around him have never seen his soft side. This does sound cute though. you're doing nothing wrong.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• No you aren't doing anything wrong he's just playing his role. Be happy about that. If he didn't play that role you wouldn't even be with him.

1|0
    0|0
  • "He just acts like a softy with me.
    Am I doing some wrong for him to not show me the same soft affection like he does when we’re alone?"

It's simple, when you both are alone he wants to show his love and affection is soft and gently ways and he knows that a woman always prefers or appreciates soft and gentle ways of a man showing love physical love and affection and that's why he shows that type of love and affection to you.

However, in front of others he just wants to give an impression that he is just like any other man, that is macho type etc.

1|0
    0|0
    • You are not doing anything wrong, don't worry. However if you really want him to show the same soft and gentle way of him showing affection even in front of others then you can tell him upfront when you are alone with him.

I am sure he will consider your request. Try.

What Girls Said 1

• Well, would you like him to swear, talk about cars, sports, act tough or do stuff guys usually do? I wouldn't, because I am usually soft and I'd feel intimidated. He's just showing the side that's most compatible with you.

0|0
    0|0
    • No I love that he's a soft person with me. I was asking what I'm doing wrong for him to not be that way when were not alone- so like if were with his friends or family, why he doesn't act soft with me then and acts more tough and manly.

Recommended myTakes