My crush avoids me? Why?

I was 15 years old, when I first fell in love. I saw him at a university open day, and then 6 months later coincidently bumped into him on my school bus. We hit it off, and I actually fell in love with his personality, he was shy, mature and reserved with his talks (only talking when he has an opinion). I'm the opposite, yet when I saw him everyday, I got peace and for 20 minutes all the stress and pain for the day would wither away. At the of the second year, Year 11, I wrote him a letter, in my opinion it was not creepy at all, it was sweet. I described how I saw him before, and how gradually I fell in love with him and not just his cute face.

At the start of the following year, he came up to me and returned the letter, 2 weeks into the start of the school year. He said that he wasn't interested and starting fading away. His personality towards me shifted. I thought he was interested, he was so enthusiastic when he talked to me, unlike his reserved nature with his friends. He became distant and then started to avidly avoid me. No matter what I did, he would avoid me, he went to a different school and like the previous years I would wait for him, but he'd never come. It's been 6 months and I'm still just as in love as I was 2 years ago. I tried talking to him before, but he'd just give me 3 word answers. Every time by chance, I'd bump into him, he'd turn around and run away.

He makes me feel like I'm hated and he never liked me as a person. Am I that repulsive? But then I remember the past and I fall in love all over again. Am I becoming obsessed, and why would he avoid me like that. I even offered my hand in friendship, but he signalled no. I never wanted him any bad, I just want him to become motivated again so he can be a fighter pilot.

Am I being creepy or anything, by still waiting for him? If he'd come back, I'd happily accept him again. I'm usually an egotistic person, but certainly not with him. I think I'm going insane. Is this normal?

03