Do you have to agree with your S/O politically? Or at least be able to tolerate them?

Could you ever date someone who was on the exact opposite side of the political spectrum? Would conflicts arise?

58

Most Helpful Girl

• I could never date someone who's the exact opposite side from me politically. I just can't stand liberals... I want a conservative man.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it would be cause for too many arguments, if we significantly differed.

I've only once dated somebody who was on the other side of the political spectrum, and guess what? It's the relationship I regret the most.

Life is full of potential conflicts, and so are relationships. Being blase about that seems rather short-sighted to me.