Do you have to agree with your S/O politically? Or at least be able to tolerate them?

Could you ever date someone who was on the exact opposite side of the political spectrum? Would conflicts arise?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I could never date someone who's the exact opposite side from me politically. I just can't stand liberals... I want a conservative man.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it would be cause for too many arguments, if we significantly differed.

I've only once dated somebody who was on the other side of the political spectrum, and guess what? It's the relationship I regret the most.

Life is full of potential conflicts, and so are relationships. Being blase about that seems rather short-sighted to me.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• As long as he doesn't shove it down my throat and makes it an issue everytime the political scene changes, we'd be fine.

0|1
    0|0
  • could not live with a extreme right dude, nope, just nope

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't stand super conservative person as my SO

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont think could. My boyfriend and I have slight political differences but only minor ones. Political views often tie in with morals and values, so O wsnt someone who values. the same stuff as me

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• I try to avoid dating people with opposing political or religious veiws. No judgement, people can believe whatever they want, but it usually causes conflicts somewhere down the line.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm more off of center. Extreme liberal would not work out. I live in one of their strongholds, and can tell. I'm not sure about extreme conservative.

0|0
    0|0
    • Conservatives are the tolerant party nowadays it seems.

• That seems to be more true. I've never lived in a really conservative area so I'm not exposed to if there are some really bad parts. I know I've heard many stories from current liberals that said they group up in conservative areas that were terribly and openly racist which is hard for me to believe, but then I don't know why they would lie. It's possible they are sensitive exaggerators.

• If they don't value free speech then that's a dealbreaker.

0|1
    0|0
  • No way I could date someone that thinks the way opposite of me, friends yes, date no.

0|1
    0|0
  • You don't have to agree but you should both come to a tolerance of each others beliefs

0|0
    0|0
  • Patience is key in a relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • I can tolerate my liberal douche of a girlfriend

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes