How Guys Respond to Being Ignored?

The guy I've been seeing for the past 2 months left a party that we were at together -- telling me to "wait here, i'll be right back" -- and never came back. I found out the next day that he left with another girl and its almost a sure thing that he knows I found out (my best friend saw him). Of course I'm hurt and disappointed. The next morning he texted me about how sick and hungover he felt, later in the day he sent a SnapChat of just his face, trying to look sorry. I ignored both of those messages. My friend asked me about why I was just ingnoring him and what I hoped would happen. TBH, I plan on ignoring him until he takes the initiative to apologize and explain what and why it happened. My friend says I'm sending mixed messages by ignoring him when I actually want an apology (if its sincere) and explanation. He could assume I no longer want to speak or see him ever again and that ignoring his messages is my way of making that point. She says I should at least respond to him by asking what happened and why he left me stranded at the party.

So my question is this -- Guys, is ignoring him going to lead to an apololgy or just come across as my way of saying "we're done"?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• If you cut off communication with a guy the only response you could be looking for is the knowledge that he thinks you no longer want to talk to him. Otherwise he would expect you to say something even if he did apologize. Sure I can understand being upset in that situation and not wanting to reward his behavior. But if you want an apology you will need to ask for one. If you just ignore him, he will apologize, then follow up and beg once or multiple times, eventually he will move on.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it could lead to either, depending on how he interprets it.