Guys, would you be turned off by a girl with only one ex-lover?

I know it's weird, so here's a (way too long) explanation. I was normal teenage girl and dated a few guys growing up, but I didn't want to get physical with anyone I didn't really love. I'd seen "rushing into it" screwing up my girlfriends and I didn't want that to happen to me. Anyway, I fell in love when I was twenty. I really tried to make it work with him, but five years down the road; he just wasn't the sort of guy I respected anymore. I couldn't understand how I'd misread him so badly. I don't love easily, and it took about two years after breaking up before I could even THINK about being physical again. Even after that time frame, I didn't really find anyone that I was "crazy" about. To be honest, I was fine with that. I figured if it happened, it happened, but I wasn't going out of my way to "fall" for anyone again. I still had a lot of anger towards my ex (about the relationship ending badly not the "virginity" issue) which wouldn't have been fair making the "new guy" deal with it, so I buried myself in work in the mean time. Now, I'm through it and I do want to meet someone new. But I'm worried about my lack of experience being a deal-breaker for guys; or guys thinking I'm "prudish" or something. Advice?

434

Most Helpful Guys

• If you're actually taking things as carefully as you say you are, then you shouldn't have much of a problem running into someone who wouldn't see it as a problem. I think a lack of of experience is a good thing, I also think a wealth of experience is a good thing. It's really more about the honesty and openness in admitting your own feelings and desires toward intimacy that matters. If you're focusing more on finding someone you click with than someone who isn't irked by your lack of experience or your need to move more slowly, then the latter will naturally fall into place in a beneficial way.

• Any guy that is turned off by your inexperience just wants sex. So yes some guys will be put off but those are not the men you want. Guys who are looking for something serious will find your past an overall good thing and be interested in you. Personally if I started dating you and you told me that story I would be more interested in you. However if say you told me you had been with more men, or if you had hooked up at all, I would probably not continue to see you at all unless I thought there was a chance to just hook up with you and not have a relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• This question does up daily! Why are women so insecure about needing respected for choices? Why would you want to be considered more acceptable for being considered easy? This question boggles my mind at how often it comes up. It's almost offensive to every woman it there I think because it either makes you feel inadequate of less because you feel you should show you aren't promiscuous.