Do actions really speak louder than words?

As we all know people express love in a various amount of ways, so if a man says he loves you, should you automatically believe him, or ask him to show you? If a woman says she loves you, should you people her or ask her to show you?
  • Of Course!
    Vote A
  • Not Exactly.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Words are only words : an air vibration coming out the mouth. The only way to believe, know and understand someone is to look how that person is acting and how this person used to act. Past befhavior is allways a good indication of future action. No matter what people say look at what they did and at what they are doing. 'I love you' 'I worth it' 'I changed' are very easy to say sentences but difficult to demonstrate Do not trust someone on saying but only t on acting... except if you want to bé fooled

0|0
    0|0
  • That depends on the person really, for most people that say I love you or any other type of emotional expression, it's just that, a bunch of words and if asked to show it to them, they skip a beat if that makes sense. So yes, for most actions are more important but if for example there was a serious person who wouldn't really say things like that and then someday after months or years they say such a thing as I love you, then its a type of person that really wouldn't need to validate themselves through the use of actions.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• words dont really matter. only actions do. if someone treats you lovingly they are expressing love. plenty of men have said i love you to me and treated me crappy. that is not real love. love is not about shouting from a mountain top but desiring for that person to feel wonderful and figuring out how you can contibute to that happiness.

1|0
    0|0
  • I voted no - my dad provided for my material and physical needs most of the time but he was verbally abusive and I view him as my biggest enemy because of all the terribly things he said to me. I would rather a guy not give me any money or do anything for me but encourage me with positive words.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• You shouldn't test it. Observe, yes, but asking "does my bum look big in this", or whatever, just means that some people know the "right" answer, and lie, and others tell the truth. How can you tell the difference?

1|0
    0|0
  • If a girl I love asks me to tell her how I feel about her, I will have a hard time finding the words. But I would 500 miles and I would walk 500 more, just to be the man who'd walk 1000 miles just fall down at your door.

0|1
    0|0
    • Dah da dah dahh, dah da dah dah, da da da, d'da da, da da da, da da!

• If you ask someone to show you how much they love you... I have found that the relationship is circling the drain.

1|1
    0|0
  • A real man will not say shit like: "I love you."

Sure, he'll throw it in casually once in a while. But a grown woman will be able to tell exaclty where she stand with him - and of course vice versa.

0|0
    0|0
  • In the context of love
    1. Saying I love you 100 times, no one believes you.
    2. Actions - which shows care and affection to anyone, make them fall for you.

0|1
    0|0
  • When a woman constantly expresses love. The D must be good. When a man expresses love, his side chicks is no longer in equasion 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • People don't speak Everytime. They do it for you. No need to tell someone that you love him/her.
    It does matter what you do for that person instead of using words.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes... saying you want to kill someone and actully killing someone are two very diffrent things. (Just to make an example)

0|0
    0|0
  • Duh a pound of action is worth more than a thousand words

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes usually. A lot of things are easy to say, it doesn't make them true.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, words would be; love, hate, now, later, etc., like that. Now actions that kind of display something with impact are like actions producing or provoking violence. Love in the form of touch it may be gaurding, intimate or romantic or whatever. There's also speaking words as action and when you speak you are pouring the contents of your mind and heart so you're saying something about yourself every time you speak and maybe impacting others as well. Maybe impacting a few things. You can think endlessly about how what you speak and do affect things and how a word like just is just a word pretty much and maybe some words don't reflect your actions so people learn to be deaf to what you speak and alert of what you would rather do

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep working silently and let success make the noise

0|0
    0|0
  • They absolutely do but unfortunately people are blind

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea though sometimes words are needed more than actions

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes 💯

You should only believe in action

1|0
    0|0
  • absolutely yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes words are louder than actions

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the context.

0|0
    0|0
  • Deaf people seem to be doing pretty good

1|0
    0|0
  • yes, actions speaks more louder

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 13

• I dont think you should ask him to show you but I do think you should keep yours eyes open to when he does show you because actions do speak louder than words.

2|0
    0|0
  • I have made this my go to saying. Actions always speak louder than words. I have had several men tell me the same thing about how special I am or how much they love me to only show me otherwise. I don’t want to hear it anymore. Prove it!

0|0
    0|0
  • Actions definitely speak louder than words. Anyone can say, "I love you." But putting your heart and soul into the relationship is a different story.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes they do, I think it's easier for people to say things they don't mean than to hide their body language.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d usually say yes actions speak louder than words... but my boyfriend is very verbal. His words speak louder than his actions

1|0
    0|0
  • Not exactly tho, sometime you just wanna hear it out just to make sure too. Actions speak louder but that doesn't mean words is not needed.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel as though anyone should put their words into actions. For example if someone says they love you, but then they let don't look after you, they may not love you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Talking is cheap while actions need effort and unless someone really cares won't go the hard way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe so anyone can say they love you but when they show it speak louder.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah they do..

0|0
    0|0
  • Always!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Actions speak louder