I’ve been getting sexually harassed at work and?

So before anyone says anything, I have tried getting another job, and have had no luck. I’ve had interviews but never get picked. I’ve only had one job my entire life for the past five years.

So I’m 24, I need this job to pay for my rent (basic bills like that so I can’t just quit). Also a student. Anyway, I’ve been getting harassed by my general manager. He always comes up behind me and massages my shoulders, it’s uncomfortable but I let it slide since I didn’t want to make a big deal. But then he started saying inappropriate comments about my body. Like saying I have a “cute butt”. His words. It later progressed to him slapping it and that’s when I confronted him. But he still keeps doing it. I reported him to our supervisor AND to workforce but both said they require proof and will have to go through video surveillance. BUT I also heard he’s on thin ice because ANOTHER girl reported him for the same thing.

Also, I do have a crush on a regular shift manager of mine. And I’ve told him all the things that our general manager has been doing to me and he keeps telling me to report it. But before all this, he kinda showed signs of liking me, and after I told him about the harassment-not as much. Do you think it’s because the person doing it is our boss?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Report his ass and let them know that they will take Swift and appropriate action. Make sure they know that if they do not or if there's any consequences you're going to the State Labor Board and to the media. You have every right to earn a living without some asshole trying to climb all over you do this for yourself do it for every other Woman who you're going to save from having to deal with such bullshit there's got to be a women's Business League a woman's Chamber of Commerce all sorts of female groups that can support you if you're in the United States call your state senator call your congressman every political office including the White House obviously your senator congressman and the president or not going to answer your call however they do have staff who do these things I guarantee you on a situation like this you will be safe if you do it like this you have to take a No Holds Barred scorched-earth policy and put that bastard down

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to somehow video it .
    And get a lawyer or someone that will stop him

0|0
    0|0
    • They’re already investigating and he’s on leave right now

• Ok that good

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• you should never have to go through that, def report him, if he threatens you with firing you, then good use it against him, 1 sexually harassing & abuse of power to cover on ass, if company deals with proper, they have to give job back as unfairly dismissed & compensate you, let them know you know your rights, a lot think most not know full rights so think can't fight back but is a lie

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say you need to push the issue confront the gm personally and keep pursuing it until something is done. A small piece of advice, dont fish your own pond, meaning don't date coworkers 9/10 it ends and now you have to work with that person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go to HR immediately. Nobody has a right to treat you this way even if they're your boss

0|0
    0|0
  • Get a boyfriend and make him show up a few times at your work

0|0
    0|0
  • If you can video it. Or record it. Build your case. Or just once if it's strong enough. Laywer up.

0|0
    0|0
  • He probably think you're going to report him next.

0|0
    0|0
    • He doesn’t think that. 😂

• He doesn’t even know that I reported our general manager.

• Ok , my bad i misread a key part. you told him about the harrassment. not your reporting the GM. Well he might be afraid you might construe any advancement towards you as harrassment.

• I read this before.

0|0
    0|0
    • I’ve never posted it before.

• If you don't come out about it, he'll continue doing it to other women. ME TOO

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Next time he says something inappropriate make a video of that and show it to HR

0|0
    0|0
    • Actually don't make the video yourself.. ask a couple worker to make a video while u are alone with him. Or at least he should think u are the only one there.

• **co worker

• can't you file him for sexual assault to the law or something instead of your job?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes