Physical Attraction. How important is it to you?

Clearly, most people look for some degree of physical attraction when they are pursuing a partner.
However, all of those degrees can be widely different.
Some people might have a long list of expectations, and if someone doesn't fall into all of those categories (even with an amazing personality) they will be denied.
While others might be willing to throw away a good portion of their expectations for the persons personality (and by doing so... in some cases... changing the definition of what they find physically appealing)...

I suppose some of my questions come in the form of these...

How important is physical attraction to you?
Has your definition of "physically attractive" changed over your life?
Have your expectations changed? Do you consider your expectations too great? (are you picky/shallow)
etc etc etc
anything you think you can add, would be great :)
just love your opinion on this topic.

164

Most Helpful Girls

• First off, I really love the way you put a lot of thought and detail into those questions.
    One of the few that can also write coherent sentences. I respect that.
    Second, I think what you stated is very accurate with it comes to the balance between brain and beauty. I personally can say that you seem to think deeply, full thoughts, and I am very much attracted to people who are empathetic, intelligent, curious, and sensitive mentally.
    I’ve definetely grown to learn what I am into. And over the years it seems that those with a certain intelligence and social skills about them, get a pass when it comes to looks. I’ve started to see that my crushes are less attractive to my friends, but are also... very likely to become a success in life. (These crushes also being attractive physically in my eyes, but I guess that’s just me.) I must say that my expectations are not very high, but I do have high standards for myself, which does also help me decide who I would actually like to be involved with. (I. e. I’m not going to live life as an alcoholic, and am not particularly looking for a partner who drinks. Etc.)

I’d love to answer any other questions if you have them. I think this covers about everything here. Hope this helps!

• haha my other questions beg to differ :) HAHA
      those would likely make me look less attractive in your eyes..

Either way
      would you mind messaging me? O. O
      id enjoy your perspectives on some other things.

• I find physical attraction extremely important. I won't compromise on it. My definition of physical attractiveness has not changed during the time I've been actively pursuing dating. I've never found it difficult to find dates who are attractive to me, although I do consider myself somewhat picky.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say it's pretty important but there have been many cases where I didn't find a girls looks so amazing on first impression only to find her increasingly attractive as I got to see her more often (and even physically as I noticed more attractive qualities to her that I overlooked in the beginning). I even fell in love with one who I found not so attractive in the beginning and not my "type" physically, only to fall so hard for her that I started to find her and girls who looked like her the most attractive.

I also don't find it important that she remains equally as attractive in my eyes over the years. Naturally age is going to come with some grey hairs and wrinkles at the least. But I'll still see her fondly, as I originally did, when I fell madly for her. It wasn't only so important that, at some point, I found her so attractive. If I did, that image formed in my mind will tend to survive the grey hairs and wrinkles that form over the years, e. g.

• It [/was] only so important that, at some point, I found her so attractive.

• @Curiousity796 Oh cheers and thanks. I am kind of a strange person, constantly questioning social norms and even my own thinking patterns. So my answers tend to be a bit odd. :-D

• Nothing wrong with odd :) I liked it as well...
      I feel as though most people are unwilling to actually "think" through things
      and define themselves by social norms :P

I feel it applies far more to men O. O
      women seem to be more likely to go against it
      men seem to be raised on it.