Would you date someone who got depression and anxiety?

33

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd need some major appealing factors to balance that out. I have nothing against those with depression and anxiety and would like to help them out, but I'm merely thinking about how much I would enjoy a relationship with a person suffering such things. In general I've found mental health one of the most appealing personality qualities out there in a girl.

• My idea of an ideal mate is a girl who offers me more stress relief than stress through her company. Such is the case with my wife who offers me more stress relief than stress because she's so mentally healthy and mentally strong. I can't imagine that being the case if I was with a girl suffering from depression and anxiety.

• And I dated some girls in the past that I suspect of having depression, and certainly anxiety, and certainly insecurities, and those relationships were difficult. And I don't have the energy anymore to be dealing with relationships that are constantly challenging. I've found with the right girl that a relationship can be much less challenging and smooth, easy-going, fun, joyful, passionate in a good way and not a bad way.