Why do all these guys show interest in me now that I have a boyfriend?

Since I’ve started dating my current boyfriend, I’ve had two different guys express interest or tell me they used to like me.

One was a longtime best friend who I actually had a big crush on. I always thought he was way out of my league. Tonight, he told me that back then when we were making sexual jokes and passes at each other, it “spooked” him. I apologized bc I thought it had made him uncomfortable, but he just didn’t expect me to have that side. He jokingly told me that “I wanted the D.” And I coyly replied “If I wanted the D, I would’ve gotten it 😂.” Then he proceeds to tell me about how he genuinely would’ve given it to me, and that he thought I was “pretty cute.” But now we’re both in different relationships. I’m just curious why he’d even tell me that.

Another guy currently likes me. He’s obsessed with hanging out with me. He asks all the time. He texts me everyday, too. He’s even told me he’d want to go to dinner with me, and that the best thing about college so far has been meeting me and finding someone like me to hang with.

Why do these guys express interest in me now that I already have a boyfriend?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• there is a fact that when you happy with a partner you are more attractive then single, because you more happier you giving off a brighter vibe,
    also subconscious thing that you with a partner so that stability factor shows u less a player & will commit

0|0
    0|0
  • There are 3 reasons.

1. As others say, you are more confident and relaxed. This is attractive.

2. You are now preselected. There's already a guy that's into you, that's a great cue that you are amazing and makes other guys want you more.

3. It's safe, for both of you. You can be more comfortable being a little flirty because you have a boyfriend. Likewise, guys can be more aggressive because it's not actually going to go anywhere. It seems counterintuitive, but dating is scary for everyone. It feels much safer chasing someone unattainable.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• when a girl finds a boyfriend her sexual hormons in her blood increase and she gets more attractive to other guys. Are you sexually active with your current bf? If not , sexual smell arising from you stimulates and attracts men more.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because you have more confidence and are now relaxed now that you have someone now, and it shows. It's actually super common for both sexes.

0|0
    0|0
  • They see you taken, and regret not acting sooner, is the the most likely reason. And, when you have a boyfriend, you are more involved in some things, and you are more visible, getting noticed more.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have seen this a bit too - I don't know what it is, you relax more, give of more positive vibes but you could have a massive dry spell then as soon as you get a SO some others show interest.

0|0
    0|0
  • The thrill of wanting what we cannot have. It's always more fun chasing a woman that we know is forbidden

1|0
    0|0
  • Cause only when you don't look for it, you'll get it. And since you're taken, that's why you truly don't look.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuz anytime time, they want to mention you that İ'm here for you

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys want what they can't have

0|0
    0|0
  • U are attractive

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls, just like guys, for girls, become more attractive when they're taken. Something about being with someone already, just makes them more desirable

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes